19: A Handful of Broken Pieces

Comincia dall'inizio

"Joker!!" I heard Lancelot growl as he withstood the blast, using his one hand to radiate more Magic than I'd ever seen him use before.

"Harr! We need Alice, now!"

Harr, blushing even more profusely, quickly jumped off of me. He grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"Alice there is no time to explain. Please, we need you to use your Magic barrier."

I looked ahead of me, watching rubble and wind swirl around Ray as his body glowed. He stood stalk still, I couldn't even tell if he was aware of what he was doing as he stood infront of us. I'd never seen him use this kind of magic before. It was utter chaos.

"D-DAMN YOU LANCELOT!!!" Amon angrily hissed, before succumbing to his injuries and lowering his glowing hand to the ground. He began panting profusely, before the intense Magic that emitted from Ray pushed forward and engulfed Amon in a bright blue light.

After a moment, the light dissapeared. Amon was gone.

My breath hitched in fear. I grabbed onto Harr.

"Harr...wh----what was that?"

But the Joker didn't have the patience, nor the time to explain. He grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me.

"Do you want to see Luka again!? If you do, you need to put your barrier up, right now!"

Panic filling me, I instantly nodded. Something wasn't right with Ray, and I could tell we were in serious danger if I didn't act quickly.
I ran up to stand beside Lancelot and threw up my barrier, protecting himself, Harr, myself and all my injured friends on the ground behind me. Ray's hair whipped in the wind as the bright light around him grew brighter. He unleashed another shockwave that bounced off my barrier and continued away, flattening and killing even more land around us.

I grit my teeth as the wind picked up, blowing in my face. It became so strong, I had to close my eyes.

"Alice..."

A deep, calm voice from beside me spoke out. I managed to open one eye just a little and looked over.

Lancelot too, was covered in wounds. His one hand was lazily fluttering in the wind, clearly broken.

His bright blue eyes glanced my way.

"Are you ready?"

I didn't understand.

"R-ready!? Ready for what!??"

But the Red King didn't reply. Instead, he simply lowered his one glowing arm, then dashed forward, jumping at Ray and tackling him from behind.

I blinked, and the biggest explosion I'd ever witnessed rang out.

Everything went white.

-----------------------

(Kelly P.O.V)

One week later.

I awoke with a jolt, sitting upright instantly. Memories of my nightmares swirled in my mind. Watching Luka be beaten over and over, seeing Jonah stabbed through the chest... the trauma just replayed constantly in my brain.

"No..no..no...no no noo.." unable to control my thoughts, I began muttering incessantly, my breathing erratic and abnormally fast. I looked around in a confused panic as tears filled my eyes. I couldn't control it.

"I can't breathe..." I began gasping for air.

"Shhh, shh! I'm right here ★"

A Black Army soldier dropped the clipboard he was holding as he checked over a patient and came running to me, sitting down infront of me on the infirmary bed I laid on. He looped an arm around my shoulders and began rubbing my back.