Day 23: Vacation

"Oh cod, I forgot!" Glaucon groaned as she clutched her stomach. "I forgot I don't like boats!"

As she learned over the side of the cruise ship to throw up, Dia did her best to keep her tentacles out of her face.

"Poor princess, " She cooed at her girlfriend. "Let's get you back to the room, okay? The swaying of the ship isn't as bad when you're not on the deck!"

Glaucon wordlessly nodded in agreement as she squeezed onto her Dia's hand for reassurance. Dia waved over Makani and the agents over to follow them, and the seven friends all headed down to their rooms. The lavender Inkling rushed into her and Dia's bathroom to wash her face before joining the others in Makani, Ellie, and Kai's room.

"Are you feeling better now?" Dia asked Glaucon as she took a seat next to her. She handed her a little piece of ginger candy, which she gladly accepted.

"Surprisingly, yeah?" She nodded. "I think the closer we get to São Paraíso, the calmer the waves will get!"

Makani crossed their legs and grinned in agreement. "For sure! My island's beaches are the best~! It's like the land and ocean itself are telling you to relax!"

Elise giggled and leaned on Makani's shoulder. "Anyways, what are we gonna do first when we get there?"

"You're totally gonna show us around, aren't you?" Maya smiled.

"Of course I will!" Makani beamed. "The first thing we have to do, well, after hotel stuff obviously- is we gotta get malasadas! I used to dream about those things after I left home- they're that good!"

"And then we go to the beach!" Hiroko exclaimed. "I actually wanna go diving there, too!"

"Of course we can! You're gonna love it so much!" Makani squealed.

The younger cephalopods all lit up with glee as they started talking about vacation plans. Dia looked over at her girlfriend, whose eyes were practically shimmering with excitement herself.

"Isn't this perfect?" Dia said softly, as she laid a gentle hand on Glaucon's.

"More than perfect." She replied with a grin. Glaucon gave her girlfriend a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I wish everyday could be like this! We're off from work, we're all together, nobody's fighting- it's like-"

"It's like we're a little family, you know? It's a good feeling."