Day 1: Dinner Party

"Um, don't you think we made too much?"

"That's something I never thought I'd hear you say, you glutton!"

Dia did her best to hold back a snicker as she continued tending to the multitude of pots bubbling away on the stove. Glaucon watched in awe as she did her best to try and stay out of her way. The lavender Inkling made her way to the dining table and began to set out the plates, utensils, and little name cards that the two girls had made the night before. Dia glanced over her shoulder to glance at her girlfriend's handiwork, and grinned a little.

"You know that little chalkboard I have that I never use?" Dia giggled.

"Yeah, the one with the little stand?" Glaucon replied as she daintily folded the delicate cloth napkins.

"Yes! Why don't you write out the menu on it on prop it up next to the centerpiece?"

Glaucon snapped her fingers and shot finger guns at her girlfriend with a smirk, and fetched the little board out of the bedroom. She began to scribble down what came to mind, and stopped suddenly to glance around the kitchen.

"Did you already forget what we're making?" Dia sighed with a tiny smile on her face.

"Possibly." Glaucon snickered.

"You're such a mess! Okay, poached salmon-"

"I got that much!"

"Crab mac 'n cheese, butternut squash, roasted brussel sprouts, " Dia listed off as she pulled a baking sheet out of the oven. She closed the oven door with her foot and placed the tray on a cutting board on the counter, all in one motion. "And citrus spice cake!"

Glaucon finished writing and carefully placed the little chalkboard next to the large, autumn themed bouquet that adorned the dining table. She gave her arms a little stretch before strolling into the kitchen to give her girlfriend a hug. Glaucon rested her chin on Dia's shoulder and let out a sigh of contentment.

"I'm excited, but nervous." She admitted.

"Why?" Dia replied, her voice tinged with concern. "We've done a dinner party before, and it went fine!"

"I know, but!" The lavender Inkling whined. "But back then it was only with the girls! I'm ner-"

"Oh, you're nervous about Fredrick, aren't you?"

"Yeah!" Glaucon continued. "I've talked to him before, but like! This is the first time I'll like, actually sit down and have a conversation with him!"

"He's bringing his boyfriend, Zack with him, so maybe you won't have to? And the girls are coming too, it'll be fine!" Dia smiled. She turned off one of the burners on the stove and grabbed the pot of butternut squash to transfer it to a serving dish. She shuffled a few steps over to the countertop, with Glaucon still clinging to her shoulders.

"He likes you, don't worry!"

Glaucon let out a deep breath. "Well, he's super protective of you, so I feel like if I say the wrong thing- he'll like...."

"Oh my cod, Princess!" Dia groaned. "Don't be such a big baby! You're worse than Kai sometimes!"

Glaucon let go of her girlfriend and gasped. "I'm. Actually. Offended!" Glaucon exclaimed sarcastically. "You know what, I'm telling her you said that! As soon as they all get here-"

"Don't actually!" The blue Inkling giggled. "I love her, it's just that she's really easy to pick on!"

"Sounds like me."

The two girls erupted into laughter before the doorbell rang. Dia's eyes lit up with glee as Glaucon's expression became one of nervous panic.

"I'm not ready!" Glaucon whined. "Go answer it!"

"Woman, I'm cooking!" Dia retorted. "You go answer it!"

"No!"

"Princess!"

"What?"

"Answer the door- you live here, don't you?"

Glaucon's face turned bright red as she brought her hands to her cheeks. She threw herself into Dia's arms and covered her face with kisses. With her newfound courage, she grinned like crazy and unlocked the apartment door.

"It's been a while, Glaucon. It's good to see you again!" A dark purple Octoling boy said warmly.

"It's even better to see you, Fredrick!"