Day 22: Crush

The lemon-colored Inkling gave Glaucon a wave as she spotted her already sitting down and waiting on the patio of the cafe. She sighed a little, pulled up a chair, and took a seat across from her friend.

"So," Glaucon began. "Why are you coming to me about all of this? Wouldn't Dia or even Maya be better to talk to?" She shook her head.

"Well, I've heard that you have the most...." Kai's voice trailed off.

"'The most' what?" Glaucon grumbled.

"The most...dating experience!" Kai exclaimed.

Glaucon sighed deeply and ran a hand through her tentacles. "Okay. Fine, I'll admit it! I used to be pretty rowdy when I was younger! Now I'm not!"

"Okay, sure!"

"Don't even with that! I'm a changed squid!" Glaucon folded her arms and huffed a little. "Anyways, this is about you, not me! Start talking, squiddo!" She leaned back in her chair and took a sip of her latte.

"Oh gosh, lemme get settled first!"

The younger Inkling gave her arms a stretch before calling over a waitress to order something for herself- a medium cappuccino. As soon as the waitress left, she rested her chin in her hands and started spilling her guts.

"So um, there's this girl! She's amazing, and ridiculously hot too!" Kai began, her heart already starting to pound. "I've known her for a few years now, and I kinda...I kinda used to flirt with her?"

"Uh-huh!" Glaucon's eyes began to shimmer, as she was totally immersed in the drama now.

" I thought she wasn't into me! She's way out of my league, so why would she be?" Kai practically squeaked. "But the other day, Hiro was talking to this girl's cousin, and the cousin said that the girl flat out admitted that she's into me! But-"

"You should go for it!!" Glaucon squealed. "Do it, do it!"

"But here's the thing!" Kai replied. "I..I...I don't want to!"

"Scared? Nervous?"

"Nah."

"You were just flirting with her for fun and you honestly didn't think it would go anywhere, but it did, so now you kinda screwed yourself?"

"Ex-freakin-zactly!" Kai sighed. She buried her face in her hands and groaned. "Maybe if this happened a few months ago, I would've gave it a try! But like, I'm not interested! I only wanna spend my time with my closest friends and....her!"

Just thinking about her best friend made Kai's heart flutter. She stopped herself mid-thought and smiled from ear to ear, her mind only filled with thoughts of the orange Octoling.

Glaucon's expression softened as she reached for her friend's hand. "So what's the problem? You know who your heart wants, so why are you so stressed?"

"Because!" Kai squeezed Glaucon's hand back for comfort. "I work with this girl!"

"Oh great...." The lavender Inkling laughed. "What's her name, anyway? I might know her!"

Kai snickered a little. "Oh, I'm sure you know her! Her name's Marie!"