Day 20: Cloudgaze

"Joshua, I think I'm sick." Glaucon sighed heavily. She laid on her back in the grassy meadow and folded her hands behind her head.

Instinctively, the hot pink Inkling boy put his hand on his friend's forehead to check for a temperature.

"Well, you don't have a fever!" He exclaimed happily. He laid on his back next to Glaucon and tossed his hands in his coat pockets.

"No, not that kind of sick." Glaucon snickered. "Probably-"

"The flu?"

"No-"

"Cramps?"

"Nah, not yet."

Joshua gasped loudly. "Don't tell me... is it morning sickness?!" He exclaimed, his expression tinged with worry. "Are you pregnant, Glauc?!"

"NO!" The lavender Inkling howled with laughter. "That's, that's not even ...oh cod! I have a girlfriend, remember! Girlfriend! I literally can't be pregnant!"

Joshua blinked a few times while processing her outburst. "Oh, that's true!" He giggled. "Then what are you worried about?"

Glaucon sighed again and rested her hands on her belly. "You're not gonna believe this. But, I've been thinking about ...settling down?"

A few moments of comfortable silence passed between the two friends. They both gazed up at the passing clouds as the wind swept through the meadow.

"You're right, I can't believe it." Joshua admitted. "You used to be so wild when you were younger. What changed?"

"I have no clue, honestly!" She replied. "Like, the other day, Hiro called me out when I accidentally called Dia my wife. Then I was daydreaming about buying a house and maybe raising a baby with Dia when I was at work, and it was so surreal! I honestly thought I saw what our future daughter looked like! Even now! You see that cloud right there?" Glaucon pointed up to the sky. "It legit looks like a baby bottle!"

The hot pink Inkling nodded his head, still shocked by this new gossip about his old friend. He thought to himself for a little while before coming up with a good response.

"I think you're sick, for real! I have a diagnosis for you!" He teased.

"Oh gosh, what could that be?" Glaucon laughed.

"Matrimania. Or maybe you're just getting old."

"I'll take the first one, thank you."