Day 12: Daydream

Their apartment was small- way too small! They'd have to get at least a two bedroom apartment to make things work. Or maybe even a house. Actually, a house would be better. One with a backyard for their garden. Maybe a house in Coral Ridge where they used to go out on dates all the time. That's where most couples start their families in Inkopolis, anyways!

"Family..." Glaucon muttered to herself. She folded her arms and closed her eyes, trying hard to imagine what that would look like with her girlfriend.

It was possible, just a little hard. They could adopt, or maybe even one of the two could... have their baby. The lavender squid could hardly contain her happiness just at the thought of this.

"I'd be fine with a boy, but knowing her, she prolly wants a daughter. " Glaucon mumbled as her smile grew even wider.

The two girls could be parents! They could be like every other couple with their own little bundle of joy. They could do all the normal parent things, like singing nursery rhymes and reading toddler books. As long as they were together, they had a future. A bright one. As long as she worked hard, this future was possible.

Glaucon pinched her cheeks to steady herself, and wore a look of determination on her face. Just as she was just about to bring herself back to reality, she fell back into her daydream. An image of Dia holding a baby in their future house suddenly flashed into her mind. The infant in her arms had royal blue tentacles, and had skin a little darker than her mother's. Then, the baby's eyes fluttered open as the sunlight trickled through the blinds.

Brilliant pink eyes.

Just like her own.

"Glaucon!"

A rough, gravely shout from across the studio finally brought Glaucon back to present day.

"What's been taking so long? You're up next!" The burly black Inkling barked.

"Sorry, sorry!" Glaucon apologized profusely. "I was just thinking about Dia and-"

"Oh, you were dreaming about your wife again- big surprise."

"We're not-"

"I get it, you love her. But for the love of cod- get yourself together. You're the face of this company now, remember? "

"Yes, sir!"

Glaucon propped her Octoglasses on her head and made her way down to the catwalk. As the cameramen got to work and began the photoshoot, Glaucon couldn't help but drift back into her thoughts once more.

"I'm not just some frumpy farm girl anymore. I made a life for myself! I'm Glaucon- Rockenburg's top model, a photography intern, my girlfriend's future bride, and... one day, I'll even be a proud parent. "