Day 19: Parade

"I think I bit off more than I can chew, again!" The baby blue Inkling groaned as rubbed her temples, frustrated more than anything.

Right on cue, Frederick, Zack, Kai, and Glaucon all began snickering uncontrollably. Dia groaned even louder and turned around, elbowing her girlfriend in the side.

"Why are you going after me? What about them?" Glaucon replied, still laughing a little bit.

"Because! I expect that from them, but you? I'm a little disappointed." Dia sighed. Glaucon's expression quickly turned to one of shock.

Holding back a laugh themself, Makani clapped their hands together quickly to bring the attention back.

"Anyways, our float is gonna be rolling out soon! Everybody got their flags?" Makani barked.

"Yeah!" All of the other cephalopods shouted, holding up their respective flags high in the air proudly.

"Good! We have Dia to thank for all this today! If it wasn't for her advocating about diversity and whatnot on Coralgram every day, we would've never been a part of Inkopolis Pride- right?"

"Right!" The nine friends all shouted again.

Dia pretended to sob dramatically and wrapped Makani up in her arms. "You're gonna make me cry! I'm not ready for these emotions right now!"

"Yeah, sure!" Makani laughed. "Are you still nervous?"

"Not as much."

"That's progress, I guess?" The azure Octoling shrugged their shoulders. "Oh, and before I forget...I think we have someone at least one of each...?"

"Each orientation?" Dia piped up.

"Yeah!" Makani squealed. "We have an ace, an aro, and a nonbinary cephalod all in the same friend group! How fresh is that?"

"But you know what's even cooler?" Kai strolled over and rested her arm on Makani's shoulder. "Two pansexuals, am I right?"

"Pan pride?" Makani held out their little fist.

"Pan pride." Kai bumped her first to Makani's, and the two shared a look of solidarity.

Frederick, for the first time in maybe months, chuckled before taking control of the group. "Okay, seriously! Let's get ready, it's almost time! Hiro and Maya and stand in this corner next to Zack! Glaucon, you can go in the middle. "

The four friends in question all gave thumbs ups before doing as they were told.

"Ellie, you're...." Frederick began.

"Straight?" She replied, a puzzled look on her face.

Frederick snicked a little bit. "You don't sound so sure about that! But stand over on this side for me."

The orange Octoling pouted a little before running over to her proper spot.

"Kai, you're standing with Dia and I-"

"What?" She protested. "I thought I was gonna be with Maka?"

"No."

"Oh come on, Fred!" Dia laughed. "She can take my spot so she can be closer to them!" She switched places with Kai, who flashed her a grateful grin.

"And where am I gonna be?" Makani asked quietly, almost a little nervous.

Dia and Frederick shared a look of excitement. The baby blue Inkling lifted up Makani gently, and placed them in the little rainbow throne sitting atop the parade float. They blinked a few times in confusion before smiling like crazy.

"The queen has taken their rightful place on the throne!" Zack cheered.

Makani folded their arms with an amused smile. "Don't you mean, monarch?"