The One With The Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

The topic of becoming a witch then lead into the Gilbert and Bennett best friends to spend the rest of their time together talking about what would happen to Emily once she would become a member of the supernatural world. Bonnie also went into detail about how it felt to be a witch from her own experience before she made a promise to help Emily through her transition as best as she could.

Emily spent a good two hours explaining everything that she had recently learned to Jeremy and talking about being a witch with Bonnie but she also spoke about the good in their lives. The Gilbert girl didn't want her last human moment with her youngest sibling and one of her best friends to be all about business, so Emily also shared a few laughs with the duo about their childhood and happy memories.

Sadly, though, when the Gilbert girl received a text message from her twin sister and noticed that it was already ten in the morning, Emily decided to say her goodbyes as she knew that there was still a few people who she needed to say her farewells to before she was supposed to meet up with her boyfriend. It took close to about ten to fifteen minutes of Bonnie and Jeremy saying goodbye to her before Emily had to force herself to leave to meet up with her twin before she got too emotional again.

The Gilbert girl ended up meeting Elena at the local movie theater in town at the request of the Gilbert vampire like the text message at mentioned. Emily was pleasantly surprised and equally happy, though, when Elena told her that they would be watching their favorite movie - Scream - at one of their favorite places growing up.

It meant a lot to Emily to spend some alone time with her twin sister while watching their comfort movie - after Elena had compelled the employee to play the old film. It felt like everything was alright for those one hour and fifty-one minutes as the Gilbert twins practically clung to each other while they shared a bag of Hershey Kisses. It made Emily feel like everything would be alright - despite everything that was going on right now - and Emily definitely needed that today.

Now, though, the human Petrova doppelganger was currently on her way to see the last important person in her life and one of her best friends - Caroline Forbes. The blonde vampire had texted Emily right after she had said her very emotional goodbye with her twin sister to meet at Mystic Park - where they used to go when they were small kids.

Emily took a quick pause and a deep breath once she finally spotted Mystic Park as she tried to stay calm after the emotional day that she has had with her loved ones. The Gilbert girl knew that saying goodbye to her bestest friend was going to be a close second to saying goodbye to her twin sister - even though she knew that she would most likely come back to life.

However, Emily knew it was so emotional for her because she was still afraid that she wouldn't be herself after the sacrifice as a witch. The Gilbert girl just felt deep inside that something was going to happen to her and it scared Emily so damn much that she actually felt that this would be the last happy memory with her loved ones. Emily knew her boyfriend promised that he would make sure that she didn't go crazy but Emily still couldn't help but think about all the bad and wrong things that could happen. It was just this feeling that she felt that just wouldn't go away.

"OOF!" The Gilbert girl gasped out when she suddenly felt a tight hold around the back of her head and her shoulders along with pulling her out of her thoughts. Emily only had a second to panic that it was Klaus before she smelled the familiar Chanel Chance that her best friend always wore before the brunette girl tightly wrapped her arms around Caroline's waist with a sigh of relief that she didn't know she was holding in.

"Oh, Emmie," the Forbes vampire mumbled as she pressed her face into the shorter girl's strawberry scented brunette hair while she tightened her hold onto her best friend as if that would stop the tears from building in her blue eyes.