Ch 30

Kira pov

A few weeks have passed now and Axel still hasn't woken up yet. I would visit him every day. The others were busy learning English. They were getting better at speaking English. I was right now sitting next to Axel. I held on to his hand.

"Hey, Axel it's me again. I was getting bored being cooped up in our home." I said,

"You know I miss you so much and the others do as well. So please... wake up." I pleaded.

I looked up at Axel's face. He looked so peaceful. I caressed his face, his skin was cold but there was a hint of warmth in it. I was still holding his hand. I gave it a light squeeze.

"I wrote a song for you when you wake up." I chuckled to myself.

"I could sing it for you if you want. It's kinda short." I looked at him to see if there was any movement but there wasn't.

I looked down at our hands. I took a deep breath and started humming the small tune. I soon started singing the song to him. Even though he probably couldn't hear me I still sang it to him.

(Akai Hana Shiroi Hana- Mio song)

I was done singing the song and looked back up at Axel. He was still unconscious. I smiled sadly.

"Did you like it?" I was meant with silence.

That is when I felt my hand being squeezed. I smiled, tears streamed down my face.

"Axel, can you hear me?" I said,

It was silent. I saw his eyelids move. Axel held my hand tighter.

"Axel please open your eyes. Please wake up!" I begged him.

Axel groaned in pain while moving. He slowly opened his eyes but then closed them due to the brightness. After his eyes adjusted to the brightness, he looked around the room. That is when our eyes landed on each other. I smiled. Axel smiled back at me.

"I'm back." I lunged towards him and buried my face against his chest.

I started to cry. Axel wrapped his arms around me and comforted me. This is the best day of my life. I thanked the gods for bringing Axel back.

"Shh love I'm here there is nothing to worry about anymore. I promise that I won't leave you alone. I'll be here." Axel's voice was raspy.

I pulled away from the hug and grabbed a cup of water. I offered him some which he gladly took. I sat back down on the chair and held his hand.

"How are the others?" He asked.

"They are learning English right now, but they should be finishing right now."

He nodded. It was silent for a few minutes until the door opened. I looked behind me and it was the hunters. They looked at me and then at Axel. Their faces immediately lit up in joy. They ran over to Axel and engulfed him into a big hug. They were all quietly crying. I could see the look on Axel's face. He was first shocked, then happy, soon he joined the crying session. I smiled at the scene in front of me. Someone put their hand on my shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

I looked behind me to see that it was Ava and she was crying as well. I moved to her, so I can give her a hug. Ava gladly accepted it.

"He wasn't supposed to survive." She whispered to me. I stood there shocked.

"The wounds that he received were fatal. We manage to take the bullet out but we knew for sure that Axel wasn't going to make it out alive." She pulled away from the hug and gave me a small smile.

"But I guess it's a miracle that he woke up then." I nodded my head slowly.

I looked behind me and saw the hunters looking at me. They stretched their arms out for me.

"Go Kira they're waiting for you." I walked up to them and joined their hugging session.

"We missed you so much Axel," I said to him. He hummed in response.

"I miss... you too." He kissed the top of my head.

The hunters snuggled closer to us. We then heard Ava clear her throat. We all looked at her and smiled at us.

"Axel you will be discharged today. We just need to check your wounds. I suggest that you eat liquid foods first and then slowly start eating solid foods. You also need to start going with the others for your English classes, you are way behind." I heard Axel groan in annoyance.

Ava laughed at this and shook her head.

"Don't worry they are almost done with their English class all we need is for you to finish." Axel just groaned in response. We all laughed.

"I need you guys to step away from Axel so I can check on his wounds. You can cuddle with each other later," she said.

We all got off of Axel and Ava walked up to him and checked his wounds. While Ava was checking on him I went towards the others.

"How was your class today?" I asked them.

Xero walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me and sighed. I rubbed his back.

"It's so stressful love. Crow started to tear up when he couldn't understand something. Aiden throws paper balls at everyone, don't even get me started on Blake." He said,

"Hey, that's not true!" Crow shouted at him.

Xero looked at Crow and stuck out his tongue.

"Is too?" He shouted back.

They soon started arguing. I sighed. I walked over to Blake, who was sitting on the couch. I sat down next to him.

"Are you okay?" Blake snapped out of his thought and looked at me.

He smiled at me. Blake pulled me onto his lap and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm just happy that Axel woke up. I don't know what we would have done if he didn't..." He tightens his hold on me.

"Axel helped us back then... he helped me from turning into a monster... We all helped each other through thick and thin..." I felt my shirt getting wet.

"He was my first friend..." I pulled away from his grasp to turn around and hug him.

I comforted him. I rubbed his back to soothe him a little.

"Hey, no need to cry. He woke up and that is all that matters. Axel is back with us and he won't leave us." Blake looked up at me.

"Are you sure?" He whimpered.

I nodded. I combed my fingers through his hair.

"I promise." Blake's face lightened up.

Blake put both of his hands on my face and smashed his lips on mine. I was shocked at first but soon kissed back. It lasted for a few minutes until we both pulled away to catch our breath. He leaned his forehead against mine and smiled.

"I'm happy that we have a mate like you," he said.

"I'm happy that I met you guys," I admitted.

"What the fuck Blake she was supposed to kiss me!" Xero and Aiden shouted.

Oh boy, this is going to be a very long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hope you guys enjoyed today's chapter! I kept my promise to upload a chapter for you guys. Hope you guys have a great day!~