Stalled

©JRF2016

        I went back to the RV to lay back down.  I never did get my nap in, like I'm going to be able to sleep knowing that little girl is lost out there all by herself.  I walked passed Lori who gave me the most evil stare.  I glared right back at her as I climbed inside the RV.  I sat down on the bed in the back and let out a loud sigh.  "Why don't you just leave?"  I jerked my head up and looked at Lori.  "You and your redneck trash father can just go.  We don't need you here." 

"Vai all'inferno cagna," {Go to hell bitch.}  I smiled pleasantly at her knowing she had no idea what I just said to her.

"You can be nice all you want to but I'm warning you to stay away from Shane."

"You're married to Rick , right?  Why do you care if I have anything to do with Shane?"  Her jaw dropped and she stammered for something to say.  "Exactly. Sei una puttana egoista."  {You're a selfish whore.}  I smiled at her again.

"You really need to stop doing that.  You know no one understands you." I just smiled and nodded at her. 

"Esattamente idiota."  {Exactly Dumbass}  She stomped off into the front of the RV as the others were entering.  We were all beat and needed some sleep.  It was cramped in that RV with all of us crammed in there.  I tip-toed around the bodies spread out and made my way outside.  I climbed to the top of the RV when someone grabbed my hand.  I gasped as I looked into his dark brown eyes.  "What are you doin' up here?"  I asked him.

He laughed, "I could ask you the same thing."  He shrugged, "I figured with all the warm bodies in there sleeping someone should be on watch."

"I thought Dale was on watch tonight?"

"I asked him if I could take it for him tonight," Shane smiled at me, "I'm glad I did too because now I've got some really good company."  I just smiled and rolled my eyes at him.  We sat there in silence for a while before I spoke up.

"Do you think she's okay out there, all alone.  We're gonna find her right?"  I felt a tear slipping down my cheek and I quickly turned my head and wiped it away.

"Hey," Shane said as he put his hand to my chin and turned my face back to him, "Don't worry, we'll find her.  She's going to be fine."  I smiled at him again.  He was so tender in this moment which made me want him even more.  He raised an eyebrow asking for permission without saying a word.  I nodded my approval to him and he leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips.  A soft, gentle kiss that told me he would make everything okay.

        Everyone started filing out of the RV as the sun began peeking over the horizon.  I had fallen asleep on Shane's shoulder last night.  He nudged me awake, "Hey, everyone's up and we are going to start the search."  He stood up and held out his hands to help me to my feet.  We climbed down to join the others.  Shane had his hand on the small of my back when we walked passed Andrea and Dale.  She was really ripping into him about the whole CDC incident.  Lori looked at me and Shane and I swear the jealousy oozed off her.  I smiled at her and turned to Shane.  I put an arm around his neck and pressed my lips to his in a deeply passionate kiss.  He slid his hand down and squeezed my butt as he let out a slow moan.  I pushed him back, "Basta."  {That's enough.}  He smiled at me as I turned to walk away.  I stuck out my tongue to Lori as I walked by her.

"That's mature, Bella."  Papá laughed at me.

"Like you have any room to be lecturin' me about bein' mature."  I nudged him, "Quella cagna e davvero sempre sui miei nervi."  {That bitch is really getting on my nerves.}  Papá laughed loudly.

        We were trekking through the woods Uncle Daryl was in the lead trying to track Sophia.  I walked next to Papá and Shane was bringing up the rear.  I saw Carl drift back to Shane and start talking to him.  I couldn't tell what they were saying but Shane didn't look happy and he didn't say a word in return to Carl.  Lori pulled her son close to her and looked back at Shane angrily.  I slowed up a little to see what was going on but the conversation had halted.  There was a tent up ahead and the guys went up to investigate it.  Rick pulled Carol to call out in case Sophia was in there.  I hung back with the others when Lori approached me.  "Seriously, why don't you just leave.  You'd be better off."

"You're going to start this shit again," I told her, "I ain't leavin' so get used to me bein' here."  She walked over to her son and wrapped her arms around him.  Uncle Daryl came out of the tent.

"Was she in there?"  Carol asked him.

He nodded, "No, just some guy, did what Jenner said...opted out."  Just then church bells started ringing.  Rick, Shane and Daryl all started running toward the sound as the rest of us followed.  They stopped just as we got to a clearing in front of a church.  "That can't be it Rick, its got no steeple."  Shane told him as we walked to the building and inside.  "I'm tellin' you Rick this can't be it, man."  Just then they started again.  Glenn and Daryl ran out and around the side of the building.

"Timer," Uncle Daryl said, "It's on a timer."

        Everyone walked around the little churchyard.  Shane and Lori were arguing about how he was treating Carl.  "I'm tryin' to make this easier Lori.  This ain't easy for anybody least of all me."  I was in shock listening to their conversation.  Shane's planning on leaving.  Why is he acting like he likes me if he is just planning on leaving?  I leaned up against the church and let out a sigh.  "Whatch thinkin' 'bout Bella Rose?"  I jumped.

"Papá, you scared me."  He looked at me apologetically, "Just tired, hopin' we can find this little girl and get somewhere safe."  He nodded and hugged me.

"We'll find her baby.  We'll find her."  He was rubbing my back and trying to comfort me.  Lori and Carol went inside the church.  After Papá left me I slid down to the ground.  I just couldn't believe that Shane was going to leave when I'm just getting warmed up to him.  "Take me with you," Andrea told Shane.  He laughed like he didn't know what she was talking about at first.

"What's in it for me except another ass I got to cover?"  Shane told her.  I guess his mind was made up.

"A door that swings both ways, put a gun in my hand and I'll cover your ass too."  Shane didn't say anything else he just walked away.

        Shane spoke up to the group.  He and Rick were going to check a little longer but the rest of us were going to head back to the highway.  "You're splittin' us up?  Alright."  Uncle Daryl said before we all left to head back to the highway.  As I walked by Shane he grabbed my arm.  I jerked out of his grip and glared at him.  He looked confused.  "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."  I sneered at him.  I started to walk off again but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You're beautiful when you're angry, but what's wrong with you all of a sudden?  What about our little moment back at the highway?"

"Why do you got to play games with me?  If you're goin', then just go."

"There's only one thing that could make me stay," he said as he put a hand up to my face and pressed his lips to mine.  I brought my knee up to his crotch and he dropped to the ground.

"What did I tell you about that?  You don't just take shit whenever you want it."  He stood himself up.

"Sorry, didn't mean anything by it.  Just that you kissed me back there and I thought we were on the same page now.  If I leave you can come with me."  I walked off without saying another word.