Merle Dixon The Bad Good Guy

©JRF2016

Merle was walking back to the tombs with Michonne right in front of him. "Breech like this could be an open invitation to the Governor," he said as she slowly walked in front, "You really want to chance it?" She turned her head to look at him. It was obvious she didn't trust him. He gave her a slight nod and pointed to the walkers that appeared in front of her. She turned and sliced through his head as Merle took out the next. She narrowed her focus to the three that were shuffling toward them from around the corner and just before she could attack the first Merle clocked her in the back of her head dropping her to the floor. He took out those three before picking up her feet and dragging her back to where he had everything set up for her.

When Michonne came to she was her hands were bound together and Merle was standing over her with her sword strapped to her back and smiling. "Your buddies are the ones that wanted to to go through with this plan," he said, "The Governor wants you and they're gonna turn ya over to 'im. Whatcha think 'bout that?" Michonne just gritted her teeth as he stood her to her feet. Merle had found a way out where the walls and fence were down and the rest of the group would never see them leave. "I knew that Officer Friendly wouldn't have the balls to go through with it though. That's why it's gotta be me. I'm the bad guy, I'm the one that guys like him need around to do all the dirty work." Michonne grunted as Merle walked behind her. He stopped when he saw a walker in a trench coat coming toward them and chuckled. He stepped in front of Michonne and pulled out her sword, "May I?" He asked her rhetorically as he walked by her he turned to look as he drew the sword, "I'll take that as a yes." He pulled back and swung the sword and the walkers head went flying off to the side. He turned back to Michonne, "Oh, I thought you woulda run away."

"Wanted my sword back before I got away," Michonne flashed a sarcastic smile at him and he laughed sliding that long blade into its holder. "Yeah, it might go down that way. But if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up." He picked up the wire and pulled her along. "I wanna be with my brother and daughter, but they wanna be in the prison. Maybe this little trip'll keep that place standin'. If I pull this off, maybe all's forgiven."

"That's a whole lot of maybes," Michonne told him as they walked up to a van parked in a driveway, caked with rust, leaves, and dust. "You gotta play the hand you're dealt. I only got one." Merle trotted up to the van swinging open the door and finding nothing. He closed it again as Michonne walked up to him, "You talk about the weight of what you have to do, how you can handle it. A bad man, someone truly evil, they're light as a feather. They don't feel a thing." Merle's face went flat, "I've killed sixteen men since all this went down," he paused, "Let's go." He looked over to the woods seeing a pack of walkers and started jogging.

They approached an old motel as Merle looked around for any sign of walkers. "Okay, we're good," he said as he tied the wire around one of the posts. "Yeah, we're great." He snapped of the antenna of the closest car and unlocked it. He dropped to his knees and crawled under the steering wheel to hot wire the thing. He revved it up and the alarm went off. "Shit,' he mumbled as he fumbled trying to cut it off. "Merle!" Michonne yelled for him as walkers were drawn out of the woods and toward the loud siren but he couldn't hear her with that alarm ringing in his ear. "Merle!" She yelled as one of the dead was walking up to her. She kicked him back. He fell to the ground and she stomped on his softened skull. His brains squished out onto the pavement. She heard a groan behind her and she turned to see a female had emerged from the room right beside where Merle had tied her to the post. She ran around the woman wrapping the wire around her neck and pinning her against that post. She brought her foot up bracing it against the post and pulled on that wire until it cut clean through her neck splattering blood across the surface. Meanwhile Merle was laying on the floorboard of this car trying to shut off that alarm a bloated walker with his gut busted open had walked right up to him and leaned in the car spilling his guts and maggots all over Merle as he fought to get him off. He finally got hold of Michonne's sword as his hand pressed into its throat and he slowly stood up pulling it out of its sheath and crashing it into the thing's skull. Merle turned to see another one coming out of the room behind Michonne as she fought to get away. He pulled his pistol from his belt and fired a shot spraying its brains all over the wall. He ran around the car shooting four more as he swung the sword cutting Michonne free from her bonds. "Let's go!" He yelled as he opened the passenger door and let Michonne get in before he ran back around the car and jumped into the driver's seat. "So is this your thing now, taking out the trash," Michonne asked him. He snickered, "Aww, don't be so hard on yourself darlin'."