Alexandria--The First Days

©JRF2016

We rolled to a stop in front of the gates. We sat there just listening and I smiled up at Shane when I heard the laughter of children playing. This could be it, this could be our new home. Shane and Daryl still looked leery of the place. Something rattled behind some trash cans on the side of the road and Uncle Daryl shot it. He walked over and picked up a opossum by the tail just as the gate slid open. The guy stared at Daryl, "We brought dinner." Daryl held the dead critter up as he spoke but the guy behind the gate didn't look amused. Glenn walked in the gate first and the rest of us followed, slowly. After the Governor and Terminus, we didn't know who to trust anymore. Shane slid his arm around me as we entered together. "First things, first, I need you all to hand over your weapons if you're gonna stay." We all looked over to Rick who spoke for all of us, "We don't know if we're staying."

Let them talk to Deanna first," Aaron told the guy.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham's rough voice sounded from the back of our group. One by one we all made our way to Deanna's house for our 'Entrance Interview,' at least that's what I called it. They showed us two huge houses side by side and told us that is where we were going to be staying. I stuck close to Uncle Daryl and Shane. "They're splittin' us up," Uncle Daryl said looking to Rick. "Yeah, for now we're all gonna stay together."

Rick came down the stairs, clean shaven and everyone stared at him. Michonne whispered something to him and he rolled his eyes. While we were getting settled and picking out our spots on that living room floor, someone knocked on the door. Rick opened it to see Deanna standing there. "Oooh," she said surprised, "So that's what was under that beard." Rick groaned. "You guys are staying together, smart. I've got jobs for all of you, starting tomorrow."

"Jobs?" Rick asked and Deanna nodded to him. "That's the way it works around here, everybody has a job, everybody pitches in." She was just checking in on us and everyone of us were thinking the same thing, she was scoping us out. They're up to something.

I jerked myself awake tonight from a dream I can't really remember and I looked around at our group. I slid out of my sleeping bag as quietly as I could without waking Shane and I crept into the kitchen. Rick was standing at the counter staring at a knife he had just pulled out of a drawer. He turned to look at me. "Couldn't sleep," he whispered. I responded back, "Bad dream."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Don't remember it." He gave me a nod and we stepped out the back door. "What do you think of this place?"

"It could work, but it seems a little too good to be true." Rick nodded in agreement. It was starting to get cooler again and I shivered as a cold breeze blew passed us. Rick slid over and wrapped his arms around me, trying to keep me warn. If I'm being honest it was working a little too well. I snuggled in closer to his hard chest and I closed my eyes taking in his scent. "Hmm, hmm," we heard someone clear a throat and we both turned our heads to see who it was. "What are you two doing out here?"

"I couldn't sleep and Isabella here had a bad dream," Rick told Shane as he stepped back from me and Shane took his place. "A breeze blew in with a chill on it." Rick mumbled as he slipped back inside, all unnoticed by Shane. "So what was this bad dream of yours about?" I shrugged, "I don't remember it, I just remember waking up in a sweat, in a panic." He pulled me into his chest for a second before pulling back and looking down into my eyes. Without saying anything he pressed his lips to mine. It was a quick peck at first but each time he moved in for another it lingered longer and longer. Shane spun me around and led me backward and soon I was pinned against the wall of the house. His hands freely roamed my body as mine gravitated to the button of his cargo pants. I had the button undone and was sliding them over his hips as his hands made wuick work getting my pants off and he grabbed my thighs lifting me up. He slid inside of me with ease as I adjusted myself to his size. He kept thrusting and my head was swimming from the pleasure of his massive girth inside of me. This has been a long time coming. :~0