They're Baaaack Meeting Time

©JRF2016

A couple of days had rolled by since the Dixons had returned. Daryl went out with Rick and Shane yesterday for supplies and brought back some woman. She really ruffles Isabella's feathers a little, Merle calls her Cam. Some woman he knew in the past.  Merle has been hanging around her ever since. Her face was haggard and seemed to have much more wear than Merle's.  No doubt one of those people that Merle had hung around doing his drugs with. He swayed over to her, "Hey Cam," he said smiling and licking his lips, "Watcha up to?" She had been sitting over here by the fence by herself all morning.  She didn't talk to anybody but Merle yesterday and it looked as though today would go the same way.  Merle had never been as excited to see her as he was right now.  He even skipped breakfast to come down here with her.  She stood quickly and stuttered nervously, "I, uh, I, nothing." Merle looked at her lustfully not noticing the glazed over look in her eyes. He only had one thing on his mind right now. It had been so long and Cam always gave him a good ride. She never told him no. She dropped her head staring at the ground when Isabella walked up behind Merle wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his cheek, "Hey Papá."

"So this is that little girl of yours you were always talking about? Isabella right?" Isabella just stared at her a minute before slowly nodding her answer. Before anyone could say another word a drop of blood fell from Cam's nose and splashed in the dirt. "You okay Cam?" Merle asked her but no sooner than he got the words out of his mouth Cam fell to the ground writhing and twitching. "Shit!" Merle yelled, "Hershel!" Hershel made his way down to them as fast as he could with his crutches and knelt down beside her but didn't do anything. "Well, ain't ya gonna do somethin'?" Merle asked as he watched the old man. "It's a seizure, she has to just go through it." Isabella stepped backward as she watched in horror.  Shane ran over to her as soon as he heard Merle's screams.  Scared to death that something had happened to his precious Izzy. When Bella came into his sight relief washed over him. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into him. She buried her face into his muscular chest as he placed a hand on the back of her head, "Shh, Shh, it's okay Izzy." She turned back around in his arms to see what was happening now. Shane kept his arm around her, his hands locking in front of her and resting on her upper chest just under her chin. Isabella looked down by her Papá's feet and saw something. A small container of some sort with a white powder in it. Now she knew for sure that is how her Papá knew this woman and her eyes were filling with fury. She no longer felt pity for this woman. She broke free from Shane's grip and ran over dropping to her knees and grabbing that vial and a handful of dirt with it. Merle glanced down at the movement just as Shane had grabbed Isabella and lifted her back to her feet. He wrapped her in his arms again with her back against his chest and she rested her chin on his hands. She brought her own hands up to meet his, one of her fists still clenched around that vial. They stood in that embrace, Shane resting his lips on her head, watching on as the rest of the group gathered.

She looked up and saw Rick as he approached them. There was something in his eyes but it wasn't concern for the woman on the ground who had now stopped her twitching. That something in his eyes was it anger, hatred, jealousy? She wasn't sure which exactly just that he didn't look very happy at all to see them hugged up together. Everyone was staring at the motionless woman on the ground as Hershel checked her over. After a few minutes he looked up at Merle and shook his head. Merle dropped to his knees beside her as Rick slid his pistol out of its holster and walked over beside Merle. He pointed the muzzle to her forehead when Merle grabbed his wrist and stopped him. "I got this one Officer Friendly," he whispered, "I got it." He brought his right hand (Knife), with a newly attached blade to her ear and shoved it into her brain with a squishing sound.

                                                                ########################

Since Isabella's been back he's felt that feeling creeping back again. He wanted her with every fiber of his being but she wanted Shane. What was it that Shane had that he didn't? He walked by Andrea in a hurry but noticed her smiling at him. She's been doing a lot of that lately, they haven't really gotten a chance to talk since she left the Governor but the signs were there and they were clear. She wanted him. She may be just what he needed to get his mind off Isabella.