The Lights in the Sky ❁

Start from the beginning

Though a bit hesitant, I stepped towards him and melted into his embrace the next second.

"Does your head hurt?" I heard him ask, wrapping his firm arms around me.

I nodded like a child in response to his question, basking in his perfect warmth.

"I should've listened to you when you said I shouldn't drink more." I told him, truly regretful.

He chuckled.

"Why don't you take a warm shower first, hmm?" He said as he loosened his arms around be before going to the corner to turn on the shower. "When you're done, head to the kitchen. I'll make you something to help with your hangover. Okay baby?" He added, obviously waiting for a reply.

I nodded once more as I watched him walked towards the door next.

"Hey Baek." I called, not sure of what to say exactly but when he met my eyes once more, my mouth automatically said something I didn't think through that much. "Put on a shirt. Your chest is really distracting."

"Well guess who stripped me off of my clothes last night." A beautiful, amused grin appeared on his face.

What? Blinking my eyes for a few times, I tried to process what he just said. Did he just...what did he just say?

"See you later Baby." He said, snapping me out of my confused thoughts before closing the door behind him.

***

Getting into the shower, I tried my best not to think of what he said. I focused on trying to feel better by concentrating on how good the warm water felt on my skin. However, my mind was only blank for a couple of minutes as I recalled his fanmeet. I suddenly had the urge to cry remembering the overflowing support he got from his fans.

I couldn't imagine how painful it would have been if he lacked support from them or what could have happened to him and his career if his company did terminate his contract. I knew for sure that I wouldn't forgive myself if he lost everything because of me. Thankfully, we wouldn't have to deal with any of those things. As what Kyungsoo said, Baekhyun's not alone in this fight anymore.

I closed my eyes, feeling the water flow atop of my head down as I uttered a silent prayer, grateful for how things have turned out.

After almost fifteen minutes of shower, I stood in front of the mirror. Using my hand, I cleared the mirror which had turned foggy due to the warm bath I just had. I was wearing a white bathrobe with a towel wrapped on my head. Taking a deep breath, I thought felt a bit better now. The warm bath sure did help.

Grabbing my moisturizer, I started to apply it on my face. While doing it, I had to lean closer to the mirror so I could take a good look on my skin. From my face, my attention fell right above the hollow of my neck. There was something in there...a mark.

"Oh!" I gasped, realizing what it was.

Then I remembered Baekhyun's last statement. "Guess who stripped me off my clothes last night?"

Rattled, I checked from my neck down to my shoulders and found another one above my right collarbone.

OH MY GOD PARK HAEWON, YOU DIDN'T-
ARE YOU KIDIDNG ME?!

***

Still in my bathrobe but without the towel in my head, I hurriedly went out of his room to look for him downstairs. My heart was beating wildly as I took the stairs and proceeded to the kitchen. I found him in front of the oven, facing the other way. He was now wearing a black hoodie paired it with his navy blue plaid pyjamas I remembered from a while ago.