Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Angelo's P.O.V

Sonia, Daniels' mother, called out from the kitchen to tell us that the dinner was ready. Daniel has been complaining about being hungry all the way home whereas in fact, the guy was always hungry.

I was about to tell him something but I decided to talk to him after the dinner.

Sonia prepared a roast beef and mushroom, the smell made my stomach churned and I didn't realise that I was starving until I smelled the meals. Of course, she also cooked me my rice since Daniel told her that rice is always a part of my meal.

Everyone in the table was happily eating their dinner with a little chat then and there from either Sonia or Jared, but Daniel. He was sitting on my right side while Jared insisted that he would sit on my left.

I got a feeling that there's something bothering Daniel. He hasn't moved his plate or either took a bite of his dinner. I could feel that he's been thinking about the thing I was about to say. He might have taken it the wrong way and now he's worried about something.

Sonia was throwing him a curious and worry glare but didn't say anything and continued eating.

I looked at him. He was looking hard at his food on his plate like as if the food did something bad to him. His blonde hair was covering his eyes and I could feel his legs rocking up and down. I looked down to see his fingers was fidgeting with each other. That could only mean that he was nervous about something. Being around him for almost three months had me the ability to read the guy like an open book.

I slid my right hand under the table and held his hands. He stopped fidgeting and looked at me with almost pleading blue eyes- the eyes that could melt me up to the bone. He tried to smile at me and failed miserable.

On the other hand, Sonia and Jared were talking about the dolphins and penguins he played with earlier in the Sea world.

"Everything is fine." I whispered, still holding his hands. "Don't worry about anything." I gave him a reassuring smile. "Now, eat. You've been hungry since we were driving home."

He just stared at me and sighed in relief. He then picked up his spoon and fork and started to munch his food in front of him.

I caught Sonia looking at me with a smile plastered on her face before continuing to chat with Jared, who by then animatedly telling his nana about the massive polar bear.

After the dinner, Daniel was back to his normal self. I tried to insist that I would wash the dishes in thanks for their hospitality but Sonia just ignored me and threw me away to the living room.

We went to the living room and watched Big Bang Theory on the TV while Jared was cuddling on me. The kid was so adorable and I wouldn't complain if he would like to cuddle with me every day. After a while, the kid yawned.

"Time for bed, buddy." Daniel said, looking at Jared while sitting on my side.

He yanked Jared softly from me and carried him on his arms. "But first, I need to clean you up."

"Can Kuya go with us?" Jared asked while looking at me.

"Kuya is tired, buddy." Daniel explained. Jared frowned and looked like he was about to cry.

I stood up from my seat. "It's alright daddy." I said, looking at Daniel, who had a surprised grin on his face. "I can go with you. Daddy will clean you up first and after that, I'll read your bedtime story." I said, kissing the kid's forehead.

Jared giggled and cheered as we went upstairs to his room.

The boy's room was awesome. It was painted in blue just like his eyes, there was a bookshelf where his favourite books were properly stacked, a lava lamp, and a single bed with lots of stuff toys on it. On the far corner was his own bathroom. They went straight to it while I remained on the bedroom fixing Jared's bed.