Chapter 12

Photo: Emma Stone as Dianne

Chapter 12

Daniel's P.O.V

It took another hour before the movie finished. Before going home, Jared and I had an early dinner in his favourite restaurant, which offers a free kiddy meal every Sunday. It was only four at noon; however, Jared being a hyperactive kid, I was sure that he had drained all his energy from our little daddy-son day out and he'll be dreaming anytime as soon I tucked him in on his car seat. Of course, I didn't want the kid to sleep with an empty stomach, that's why we ended up ordering his favourite pasta.

Sure as I was, Jared was sound asleep just right after I buckled him up in the car seat. His face was so calm and so angelic, such innocence and happiness. It made me realized how much I was  blessed to have a son like him. I kissed his forehead before closing his car door, but I was stopped when he speak up. "Daddy...he is the angel." I was about to answer him when I realized that he was sleep talking.

I leaned closer to his ear and softly whispered, "Daddy promise you that we will find your angel." He smiled, as if I was on his dream.

This guardian angel that he was talking about a lot lately must be special. Jared doesn't usually pay a lot of attention to the strangers, but this guy that he was calling angel had somehow touched Jared's interest and liking. I need to find him. And I will.

We got home at around 5 o'clock in the evening. I took Jared right straight to his bedroom and tucked him in while he was in a deep slumber. I told my mum that I was going out with Alex and Dianne, to which she merely told me to enjoy the night and I deserve a good time.

That gave me an hour to prepare and meet my best friend and his crazy girlfriend. That gave me time to take a brief precaution on what to expect, knowing how Dianne was when it comes to our love life. That woman knows no boundary; if she wants information, she will have it. Never mind her bluntness which really gives us some serious embarrassment.

My phone didn't stop vibrating in my pocket until I rang Alex's doorbell. I didn't need to have a look at it, knowing that it was just Dianne sending all those text messages to me.

Right after the first doorbell rang; Dianne came up busting out the door and jumped on me. I almost stumbled on the footstep if I didn't get a hold on the door frame.

"Who is he? Tell me...Is he cute? How does he look like?" Dianne, like a crazy koala, didn't waste any time pestering me about Angelo while clinging on me.

"It's nice to see you too, crazy woman." I snorted. She jumped off me mumbling about how rude of me to call her crazy.

Alex was still upstairs, probably bathing with his perfume.

"So tell me about this guy! Alex won't tell me about him. He said it's better if you're the one to tell me. And ohh!!!!...my daddies will love you more than they do now!" she said without any pause, almost choking her every word.

"Why don't we talk about it at the bar?" I said, "Alex! Let's go!" I screamed at Alex upstairs. After a while, he came down, his perfume's scent invading the whole house.

We drove to Dianne's bar using Alex's car. Alex was driving, Dianne on the shotgun, though I was the first one who screamed 'SHOT GUN!' I was stuck in the backseat. "So much for "bros before hoes" I thought, but I didn't voice it out or else there might be a greater chance that I would walk alone all the way to the bar.

Dianne's daddies owned a bar called No Limits. However, they rarely visit it due to the hectic schedule of their job. Dianne was assigned to check it out, but same as her dads, her University schedule was hectic more than the bar operates. Right now, Dianne's cousin Max, 30 years old, was managing the bar and all.