Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Daniel's P.O.V

"You know the rules eh? Now, who would like to speak first?" Prof. Landon asked from the vacant table on the side of the room.

"I can start if Angelo wants me to." I offered.

"Yes, you can speak first." Angelo replied. He was standing confidently on his spot facing towards me.

"Thank you." I answered. "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is Daniel Bradley. I am standing here in front of you today to prove that having knowledge is more essential than money. I strongly believe that knowledge is the technology that rules the world, so the knowledge is more important than the money. The money comes and goes. However, knowledge remains with the person. He can utilizes it in later life and earn money out of it. Therefore a person has to entrust his time to earn knowledge in his growing age rather than spending time on the earning of money." I finished.

I held my right hand towards Angelo to let him know that it was his turn to speak.

"Good day..." He started. "It is my pleasure to stand in front of you today to learn the value of money over knowledge. My name is Angelo Grande, and I stand for money. Mr. Bradley, I have a question for you." He cocked his head towards me.

I nodded.

"Would you agree with me if I say that life is all about survival?" he asked.

"Yes. I agree." I confirmed.

"Thank you Mr. Bradley. That would be all for my first statement." He looked back at the class and waited for me to speak up again.

Everyone got confused from Angelo's statement but no one dared to interject. I shrugged then faced the class.

"As you said Angelo, life is all about survival. And I completely agree with it. That just proves that knowledge serves the best purpose in life over money. Knowledge is the natural possession of an individual to survive. Even from the very start, knowledge was the one who led our ancestors to cope within society to survive. And they didn't even have any money back then." I heard the class whispering to each other and some other were agreeing with me by nodding.

"Mr. Bradley, on the scale of 1-10, how do you need money?" he deadpanned.

I was taken aback from his question but I remained cool. "I say 10." I said. Considering that I have a kid to feed and school fee to pay, I should have said 15 to express how I really need money from that moment. However, I had to defend my account to win the fight.

"Very well Mr. Bradley. That would be all." His face was blank and it's hard to guess what he was thinking.

I coughed. I was actually surprised by his statements which doesn't made sense. It didn't even contradict my views. Well, I couldn't complain though because from the very start, this was a one sided argument and it was in favour of me.

"I do need money, yes. But I rather choose knowledge over it. Through knowledge, you can help and save a lot of people by giving them an inspiration to learn different things. It's not all about money. Knowledge makes money. As the saying goes, teach a man to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime ... unless, of course, he doesn't like sushi -- then you also need to teach him how to cook." I grinned.

The class resonated into fits of laughter. Professor Landon was shaking his head with a slight grin on his face.

Angelo giggled. "That was a good humour Mr. Bradley. I'm impressed." He said. I winked at him then his face suddenly went red. Was that a blush? He was blushing!