Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Daniel's P.O.V

"Can I just get two large gravy please?" Angelo asked the guy in the counter- who by then was annoyingly eye-raping my guy in front of me. I almost poked his eyes in the process if it wasn't for Angelo who was completely oblivious to what was happening.

Now, you might be thinking that Angelo and I are together. I hope so. In my dreams.

July has passed and we're on the month of August. Angelo and I had gotten a lot closer than before. Not that close as a lover can be but just like a best mate- just like Alex but different and just like Dianne and surprisingly Veronica but more. Angelo and Veronica had become part of our small group of three. Though, Veronica doesn't stay for long in Brisbane, we always ensure that we always have a bonding time whenever she had time to visit.

A month have passed and I learned a lot about Angelo; like he lives alone in an apartment, he loves skateboarding but he couldn't skate himself, he loves listening to solemn, pop and R&B music, he knows to play a lot of instrument including flute, piano, guitar, and saxophone; he loves to cook, and like right now, he loves KFC gravy poured in his rice for either lunch or dinner.

One thing he never mentioned about was his family. I didn't dare to ask as I wasn't in a position to budge in his life- at least not yet. One more thing I was scared to ask him was his eyes. I haven't seen it change for a while now because he has been wearing contacts most of the time. I never asked him about that either because maybe of the fear of him pushing me away. I could live on the status we were in right now.

All through the month, Angelo had known me pretty well too, though he wasn't the type of person who asked something unless I opened up a certain topic about my life. Usually, I'm the first one to tell about myself- one thing I told was about my daddy who died when I was a little boy. He seemed really sorry about it and I had to cheer him up as he was really upset by my story. That made me fall for him a lot more.

However, there was once certain thing I haven't mentioned to Angelo. It was about my son Jared- it isn't like I'm ashamed to let the world know that I have Jared as my son. Hell, I would pay the whole media around the world to broadcast that I'm a proud single dad to Jared if I could. But the fear of Jared being hurt and being rejected by Angelo has always been clouding my senses. And I for one, don't want to make a choice between the two of them if worse comes to worst. Another reason was that it seemed irrelevant whenever I try to tell him about Jared. It feels like we were always in the wrong place and at the wrong time

"You're thinking..." Angelo pulled me back from reality. He was enjoying his rice and gravy lunch as we seated on the table inside KFC booth.

"At least I know my brain is working." I smirked. He snorted and it was the cutest thing in the world as he was seriously indulging and savouring his lunch.

It's been a month since I planned on telling Angelo my feelings about him and my intentions. But being a stupid tongue tied handsome lad I am (cough!), I couldn't even start to build a sentence to tell the guy about my feelings. I always end up stuttering or someone would randomly budge in whenever I decided to tell it to him. I just couldn't seem to get a good time.

After finishing our lunch together, we walked out from the booth and decided to head to shopping centre. The afternoon class was cancelled and Alex had a date with her girlfriend Dianne. That left me and Angelo alone together, and I got a feeling that the two lovers had planned it well.

"I have to tell you something..."I told Angelo. He quirked his eyebrow in question. I sniggered and continued to walk. "I'll tell you on our way." He didn't argue and he followed me, catching up walking beside me.