Chapter 31

Video: Never Leave you Alone from Filipino TV series Dream Dad.

Chapter 31

Angelo's P.O.V

I was sitting bored at the criminal justice ethics tutorial class when I got Daniel's text message. This class was the only tutorial that I didn't have with Daniel- and I really hate it.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me jump in surprised. I fished out my phone from my pocket and I sneakily looked at my phone screen. My tutor didn't seem to mind it anyway.

I read Daniel's text. "I'm at the library. Meet me there. Miss you."

My heart made a little leap from the last sentence. It was always the little things that make my heart swell in happiness whenever Daniel says such romantic words. Yes, I am a hopeless romantic. Sue me.

I didn't bother to reply because it would be really obvious to the tutor. Plus, I didn't want to be rude. So I put my phone back in my pocket and  tried my best to listen to my tutor.

Michael, my tutor, white tall geeky guy with blue eyes and shoulder level hair. He was a nice man and he really speaks professionally. However, my gaydar tells me he is gay. My gaydar was never been wrong. And I know he is.

Anyhow, today he was talking about a dilemma of a couple. Here was the scenario: the guy was sick and he doesn't want to tell the girl. The girl was to fly over the other country for a year to take the greatest opportunity of her life. However, the doctor gave the guy only a month to live. If the guy would tell about him to the girl, the girl will never leave his side and will sacrifice the moment to achieve her dream. The question is what would you do if you were the guy?

ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME?

This is literally the story of my life. Well, not exactly but it was close as mine. As much as I want to forget everything that happened over the past 2 months, it seemed like someone is trying to make me feel miserable over and over again. The ghost of the past seemed to haunt me repeatedly.

"Nathan..." I whispered as bitter memories came flooding in me once again.

2 months ago...

The next day after the night Nathan bid his farewell, he was cremated according to his will. I couldn't feel anything back then. I know my eyes were swelling from crying a lot but I felt really numb. I was numb.

It was indeed true; first love never dies.

I couldn't seem to respond very well nor even talk to anyone. The next day after Nathan's burial, we flew back to Brisbane.

I was feeling so guilty and really bad for putting Daniel into trouble for me. I couldn't seem to talk to him or anybody else at all. He was always next to me, but I felt really distant. He keeps on cheering me up, but I wasn't responding at all. Even my mum tried to talk to me, but it didn't seem to work as well.

Every night I keep on having nightmares as I was waking up screaming my lungs out. Every time it happened, Daniel was next to me as quick as a bullet. He was always there to soothe me. Yet, my only response is to cry and shunned him out. I never left my room. It went on for almost 3 weeks.

I knew that the guy was struggling with me during that hardest time of my life. He didn't deserve that. He could just dump me for being pathetic and dramatic of all time. He could just ditch me and left me to be miserable. But Daniel never did. He stayed with me and help me get back on my feet. He and our son, Jared.

I remember the night when I finally let the pressure weighing on my shoulder go. It was all because of Jared.

Jared sneakily went inside my dark room. I was laying in my bed and balling my eyes out under the sheet. I heard little footsteps walking near me, but I tried to ignore it. Soon the little footsteps stopped beside me.