Chapter 5

A/N: Photo: Dylan O'Brien as Alex.

Comment/Vote/Promote 

Chapter 5

Alex's P.O.V

I watched how Daniel's face paled. I was pretty sure as well that my face had the same colour as my best friend had. Who wouldn't? I mean, we were just messing around with each other when the topic about the "angel" came in. We always say such impossible and non-sense things to each other. We always humour each other. I supposed that was most smart people do.

After for about 3 minutes of staring at each other with a pale face, I was the first one who broke out from our trance. I may had freaked out a bit from that incident, but I couldn't help not to get interested on what will happen next.

"So what are you gonna do next?" I snapped my fingers in front of my petrified best friend to wake him up to reality. "I mean, this isn't some kind of coincidence right? I believe this is faith." I continued, drawing a big box up in the air with my both hands to emphasize the word 'faith'.

Daniel's confused eyes gazed at me. "I don't know. Is this kind of joke, because it's not funny at all. I am not gay!"

"Ooh, are you a homophobe now?" I crooked my eyebrow, leaning  closer to him of him.

"I'm not a homophobe. You know Dianne would be furious on me if I was like that." he answered, biting his lower lip. Probably thinking about how ferocious my Dianne would be.

Dianne's adopted parents are gay and she truly adored both of them. Her biological parent abused her physically and sexually when she was 9 years old. She was rescued by the police and was placed in the orphanage. She was 11 years old when Liam and Scott met her and adopted her. The couple gave her the love that she deserved and a home and a real family. So, unless you have a death wish, you shall not speak anything against gay in front of her.

"Say, did you feel anything strange when you look at him?" I asked. I saw a glimpse of his reaction when he glanced at the guy on the floor- or should I say, Angelo, if that was his real name. Daniel didn't even help me pick up Angelo's thing from the floor. All he did was watched us or perhaps the guy.

He stepped back as if he was caught off guard by my sudden question. "I—I don't know what I felt. It felt like the same when I saw Chloe the first time. And that scared the shit out of me."

I heaved a sigh. "Come one pal. Let's find out what will be next chapter in your love story. It's time to grow some balls and face it. You know I'm always here to support you. Not only me, but your whole family as well." I said while hooking my arm onto his shoulder.

"Thanks, mate. Actually, I'm starting to wonder if you are somehow related to Yoda. That'll creep me out though." he snickered.

"Dickhead." I grinned. This is so exciting to be honest.

We strolled down the short hallway to our class, Daniel trailing behind me. I paused when I was holding the knob to open the door and faced him. "Remember, don't be awkward. And avoid staring at him for a long time." I warned.

"But I—I wasn't even..." I didn't let him finished his explanation. I opened the door without caring if the Professor were discussing something. Actually, he never cares about our attitude as long as we attend his class. However, you couldn't finish the day without his snide remarks.

"Why don't you introduce you---"Prof. Landon trailed off when I marched in the class. He threw me a dead look, meaning, he was forming his sarcastic assertion for us.