Chapter 14

• Dédié à F

Chapter 14

Angelo's P.O.V

"Dear, please cheer up. We don't wanna see you like that." Aunt Lisa cooed as she was gently brushing my back with her hands. She was sitting next to my right side, Aunt Carol on the other side together with Aunt Anna.

We were at my room, sitting on my hand-made bamboo chair while I was balling my eyes out from crying.

"Shush hijo. Everything is gonna be alright. We are still here..." Aunt Anna said before she was cut off by Aunt Carol.

"And we love you so much." Aunt Carol cut in.

I was sobbing so hard to the point that I needed to drink to relieve my irregular breathing.

"Nobody wants me." I gazed at my three worried aunties. "I never know my father, mother visits me but she leaves soon enough, I have no friends, and the only friend I have just broke my heart." I said between sobs.

"Oh darling. Don't think like that." Aunt Carol frowned. Her usual cheerful face was shifted by pure concern and sadness "Remember this dear Angelo, there are ten things you probably didn't know or thought about." She lifted my face, and cupped her hands on my cheeks. "First, at least five people in this world love you so much they would die for you."

"Second..." Aunt Lisa jumped in. "At least fifteen people in the world love you in some way." She held my hands. Her curly hair was bouncing on her forehead.

"Thirdly..." it was Aunt Anna's turn. Her bangs were covering her dark brown eyes but somehow; she can manage to see me through it. "If you haven't done anything to someone who hates you, it's because they want to be like you."

"Fourth..." Aunt Anna smiled a bit as she lifted my chin up. "Your smile can bring happiness to even stranger." She wiped the tear away from my puffed eyes.

"There is the fifth..."Aunt Carol added. She was brushing my hair with her hand as she knows it always makes me feel calm. "You mean the world to someone." She smiled.

"Let's not forget the sixth." Aunt Lisa cooed. "If it wasn't for you, someone might not be living." The three of them nodded.

"There is seventh..." Aunt Lisa added. "If you tell someone how you feel about them, you'll feel much better and relieved."

"But..." I sobbed. "It was the exact opposite of it that happened to me. I feel so broken rather than relieved." I was starting to cry again.

"Lisa!" Aunt Carol and Aunt Anna scolded.

Aunt Anna patted my head. "But here is a good advice from number eight dear." she wiped away the tear that build up on my eyes. "When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a good look; you most likely turned your back on the world."

"Wow. That was a good advice Anna." Aunt Lisa agreed.

"I know right." she said with pride. "Because I'm pretty." That earned a gasped from Aunt Lisa.

"You're not." She complained.

"I to." snapped Aunt Anna. And that's where they started to argue until Aunt Carol silenced them.

"There are two more things remaining." She said to the two ladies. "The ninth thing is this..." she said before pausing and looking straight into my eyes. "From every mistake you make, something good comes out of it." Everybody agreed by nodding their head.