40. 𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚

***please read the note at the bottom***

my wife
i've been so productive
today it feels weird and
it's hot

my dude<3
haha how was the park

my wife
again, hot.

i'm never watching my
neighbors kids again
during the summer

my dude<3
doubt it, speaking of

when do u leave for your trip

my wife
tmr i'm so excited

my dude<3
awhh i bet

my wife
still talking to u everyday

it'll be easier cause ima
be in the pst

my dude<3
oh wait that's dope,
shoulda dropped an invite

my wife
i would've but it's a family
trip

my dude<3
i know😭

my wife
ft while i pack

my dude<3
yes

marley waited for vinnie to pick up, which only ended up being a few seconds.

marley saw herself in the mirror that she placed her phone to lean on and cringed at her sight.

her hair was a mess on top her head, almost resembling a failed birds nest. her shirt way too oversized on her small frame and her no makeup face. she looked tired with the bags that deepened under her eyes.

her mind wandered off to think how vinnie would find that attractive. "how would vinnie think i'm cute looking like this?" crossed the girls mind. marley had never cared for her appearance and it shocked her to think like that.

"hey, beautiful." vinnie smiled at the phone when he answered.

"i look like i got hit by a truck." marley groans.

"i thought you didn't care how you looked?" vinnie asked, a small chuckle leaving his lips.

"i don't." marley then adds, "usually."

"i don't care how you think you look, well i do. but you get what i mean, right?" he asked the girl.

"i understand, weirdo." marley shakes her head as she laughs.

"so have you packed anything?" vinnie said changing the subject.

marley shakes her head as she opens up the bottom drawer to her dresser.

"i do everything last minute, thought you would know this by now." she starts pulling out pants and looking at them before chucking them on the floor, knowing it was probably going to be hot.

marley starts digging in her draw to look for shorts before she moved onto actually picking a few pair of pants.

"right. i forget sometimes."

"do you like these?" marley said as she showed the denim shorts she was holding to him.

"uh yeah, i guess. i don't think it matters what you wear." vinnie shrugged.

"to you maybe—actually yeah you're right." marley folded the shorts and put them in her suitcase.

it went like this for twenty minutes as she picked out shorts and shirts and asked him about them. a lot of what she pulled out was something comfortable, most were jeans and nice tops, and some were comfortable shorts and loose shirts. a few jeans and sweatpants and leggings were picked. she didn't overpack, not for the suitcase that was laying in front of her.

"okay you can't look at this next part." marley said as she opened a drawer.

"why not? you've done needed help for everything else." vinnie said, confusion laced in his voice.

"i don't need your help picking out underwear and bras." marley deadpanned.

"are you sure about that?" vinnie raised his eyebrows.

"i'm sure, vinnie." marley rolled her eyes. marley bit her lip to contain the smile.

"i mean that face says otherwise. you might have to try them on." vinnie joked.

"VINNIE!" marley covered her face. "i will hang up."

"i'm sorry. i'm sorry. ima play fortnite." vinnie got up to grab his controller.

"you do that."

marley didn't take her time shoving in her undergarments, already embarrassed she did it on facetime as it was. she didn't know why. it's not like it meant much, in a way.

"i'm done. i'll get my hair stuff and everything else i will use in the morning since i'm gonna use it." marley closed her suitcase.

marley racked her brain to see if she forgot to add anything. marley definitely had clothes in there, and at least two pairs of shoes she was going to wear. "should i wear something comfortable in the flight?"

vinnie glanced at his phone while in the middle of a game, "uh yeah. wear like shorts or sum and bring a blanket since it's gonna be cold on the plane."

"gotcha."

this chapter and the next will be the only chapters out for some time. i just lost my pet and i'm dealing with his death in my own way rn that i know isn't healthy but i just need some time. thanks for reading these chapters and i'll get back to writing soon. i won't be gone long.