4. 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚

𝙩𝙞𝙠𝙩𝙤𝙠 𝙗𝙛 𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜...

marley hovers the mouse over the answer button for a few seconds. eventually, the brown headed girl answers the facetime call,

she already gotten herself situated in her room with her ps4 turned onto the fortnite screen. She had her mic situated on her head to get a better listen of the boy.

"you ain't ready for this smoke." vinnie jumps onto his bed, controller in his hands.

before the call, vinnie had raced around his room, quite chaotically, as he gathered his stuff and cleaned just a bit around his bed and on it. he wasn't quite someone to always keep his room neat, but it was always good enough for the most part.

"i'm not ready? nah, you aren't ready, kid." marley visibly shakes her head with a small laugh escaping her lips.

marley wished she had time to clean herself up. she felt as if she wasn't appropriate in the first call, she thought it shouldn't matter how she looked, yet she cared anyways. she was wearing nike shorts, a black champion hoodie and her hair in a loose pony tail that used to be placed highly on her head that now sagged.

"i'm older than you. the only kid is you." vinnie replied.

vinnie tried not to worry much about losing to marley. he had a feeling that she was really good at the game, for one. second, he didn't want to lose against her. it wasn't because she was a girl, it was because he hated losing in fortnite.

vinnie loved competition and he was very competitive in everything. Losing wouldn't be new, but it definitely wasn't an always.

on the other hand, marley was the same with competitiveness. she was very competitive in everything she played. she also took losing repeatedly like road rage.

—————

"i said you didn't want this smoke." marley gave herself a pat on the back as she continued to rub in her win.

vinnie rolled his eyes at the girl with a smile tugging at his lips. he wasn't going to lie on the fact that seeing marley into games wasn't attractive to him.

"nah, i let you win. rematch."vinnie cut the girl off from her boasting.

"sure you did. you just suck. i'll only take that rematch just to win again." marley agreed.

"i'm for real."

one rematch turned to five rematches that turned into ten which turned into more.

"what was it you said? oh yeah? i let you win." marley was giving him back the words he threw at her. "admit it, you suck at fortnite."

"shut up. i'm just not in the mood tonight i guess." vinnie shrugs off his lie as he brushed his fingers through his hair.

he would never admit to her that he couldn't beat her. even if she definitely knew he was lying about it.

"morning." marley corrected vinnie as a use of sarcasm.

"huh?"

"you said tonight, but it's already morning. it's three." marley turned off her playstation and got comfortable in her bed.

"it is? oh shit it is." vinnie does the same as he gets ready to go to bed. "we really played that long?"

"si." marley simply replied to the boy on the other end.

"i'm going to make a tiktok to show you off." marley said as she grabbed her phone.

she had made sure that vinnie called through her laptop.

"okay do something cute. hold up. i'm not ready." vinnie starts to panic in the other line.

"it's not that serious, dude." marley laughs as she scrolls through sounds to find the right one.

"i'm not your dude. don't call me that, you can't call me that." vinnie blurted in a serious manner.

marley was going to respond but was only interrupted.

"wait stop, that one. do that one." vinnie said to the girl to the sound she was listening over to.

a few minutes later marley had finally gotten the video that vinnie 'approved of.'

marley also took those few minutes to laugh at the boy who thought that it needed to be perfect cause "i don't want to look like an alien cow on your page for the first video of us."

"i swear you're a thot." marley laughed at the boy.

"what you mean?" vinnie had the metal part of his drawstring from his hoodie in his mouth.

"only thots are like that's not hood enough redo it cause my face looks like an alien cow."

"bruh shut up. i did look like one." vinnie sucked his teeth.

"i don't even know what that looks like." marley furrowed her grows together.

"cause you're a bot."