32. 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚

in my opinion this is cringy so.. yeah enjoy lol

"so what is it that you have to tell me?" marley tied her hair up in a ponytail before picking up her phone.

"well, you remember a few weeks ago when we said we would talk later about something?" vinnie stopped talking and waited until marley said something, only given a nod, "we never got to finish it, and i thought it would be fine to talk now."

"oh." marley looked away from her phone. "um, i don't think i want to—"

"just hear me out." vinnie interrupt the girl.

marley looked back at her phone waiting for what vinnie was going to say. there was a part of her hoping it was going to be similar to what she was saying. including that the girl had spent countless nights falling asleep on facetime with the boy. she had noticed over the months how she had feelings growing for him and she never thought anytime was the right time to say anything, but now that vinnie is giving her a feeling that this is the time, she felt relieved.

vinnie watched the girl start biting her nails as she waited, a habit he realised she did when anxious and anticipating for something. he never knew if she felt the same as him. he realised how he felt when she seemed to care for his well being and being someone he overall liked. someone who likes his family that has never met and someone who always contacts him to make sure he's alright.

"um, well since you mentioned what you did i was wondering if um, if what if our relationship was real." vinnie let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. he felt somewhat relieved even though she could completely blow him off. he could only hope for the best even thought he felt the worse.

marley removed her hand away from her mouth. the curly headed girl was taken aback. she didn't expect what she wanted to actually happen.

there was a moment of silence between the two as the girl was gathering up her thoughts and what to say to him.

"that's funny." marley laughed lightly.

"what?" the boy felt his heart drop.

"well i was, i was sort of thinking the same thing."

"oh really? so what does that mean?" vinnie tried to hide his smile while waiting.

"that i like you too." marley answered his question.

"oh thank god because i really thought this would've been our last conversation, ever." vinnie laughed.

i was gonna write more but i don't even know what to write to make this less cringe