24. 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚

"okay, so my mom is acting very weird right now?" vinnie said to the girl in the other side of the screen.
"can you take me off pause? who are you texting?"

"sorry what?" marley asked him.

"okay if you aren't paying attention just talk to me later." the blonde rolled his eyes, annoyance laced in his voice.

"i'm sorry. i was just texting my brother." marley lied as she finally entered the call so he wasn't on pause anymore.

"you smile that much while talking to your brother." he looked at her as if he didn't believe her.

"well yeah, he said something funny. it doesn't matter anyways dude. i promise i'm not texting anybody that i shouldn't. you should know me by now. it hurts me you think of me otherwise." marley fake pouts.

vinnie sighed knowing that he's just being paranoid. even though the two have been talking for a few months mainly as friends he couldn't help but get jealous if she was talking to another guy. especially if it was while they were on the phone. he knew he shouldn't have thought she was lying because she wouldn't have a reason to lie.

he couldn't help for the feeling that kept growing the more he talked to her. at the same time he knew that they probably wouldn't actually be more than friends outside the stunt they are pulling on tiktok. including they are so far from each other.

"yeah i know, sorry."

marley smiled at the boy. she didn't say she was talking to his mom, a lot of questions would be asked and she didn't want to reveal what was going on. marley liked that she made him happy. she didn't know how or why, but she was happy that's they way he felt when talking to her.

marley believed that maybe this agreement they have going on for tiktok is more than what she expected to be happening. she didn't think that it would get farther than them being friends. deep down she was hoping for more.

"wait i'm being called." marley gets off her bed and starts walking down the stairs to the kitchen. she took her phone with her and set it down on the counter.

"the plates are over there." marley's dad pointed to the plates on the island.

marley grabbed a plate and moved to the stove to put food on her plate.

"move caleb." marley shoves her brother that was just standing there.

"move marley." caleb copied the girl and shoved her back.

"you're just standing there dude, move. i'm tryna eat." marley looked at her brother.

"why?" he asked her. he knew he was just pissing her off.

"cause i'm hungry. move caleb, you already got your food."

"no."

"move." the two start to push each other, but it ended as soon as it started.

"neither of you are going to eat if you don't stop." their mom had finally looked at them. that itself would have been enough for the two to stop fighting.

"dick." marley whispered to her brother and hit him one later time.

"asshole."

eventually marley was finished getting her dinner on her plate and grabbed her phone that was laying on the island and headed back to her room.

"sorry, technical difficulties." marley laughed as she sat down at her desk to eat.

"it was funny high key." he laughed.