Seokjin 🌻

Yoongi inhaled deeply as he entered his flower shop. He always loves the smell of flowers, it takes him back to his childhood when he would help his grandma in her garden. She owns a big backyard and tends to lots of plants and trees. Roses, Peonies, Orchids, Sunflowers, even Apple and Lemon trees! Every weekend he'll go to his grandma's and stay there the whole afternoon. It doesn't hurt that she also makes a mean apple pie and lemonade. Ingredients all from her garden, of course!

That's why when his family moved to the city after she passed away and his parents wanted a brand new start, they kept a small garden in the balcony in their apartment vowing to make her memories last. And when he started working, after a few failed attempts at keeping several jobs, he decided to open up his own flowershop. Suffice to say, he's happy with his decision. He has a steady income and being surrounded by flowers makes him feel close to his grandma.

RING!

Yoongi is broken out of his trance as a handsome young man came in. He went directly to Yoongi's counter, not even taking the time to check out the wide selection of flowers available. It's Sunday. Delivery day was yesterday. So the shop is full of new and fresh ones.

"Hi, can I help you?"

"Yes, can I have a bouquet of yellow flowers?"

"Uh, sure. What would you like?"

The customer smiled at Yoongi; not quite reaching his eyes but a genuine smile nonetheless. "It doesn't matter. As long as they're bright yellow and smells terrific."

"Oh, okay. Are roses fine?"

"Yes! That would be great!"

Yoongi shuffled to where the roses are and picked 12 good looking ones. He also added baby's breath to the bunch. "Do you need a card?"

"No need. Just make sure that they're tied well together. Thank you."

"Sure thing! And the official receipt addressed to?"

"Kim Seokjin, please."

After ringing him up, the customer, Seokjin, went on his way and Yoongi continued his day as usual.

*****

Saturday rolls by once again. Yoongi was running late and was surprised to see last week's customer standing outside of his shop.

"Hi, sorry. We're you waiting for long?" Yoongi apologized while opening the shop.

"Not really. I'm fine, no need to apologize. I'm sorry if I'm making you rush."

Yoongi laughed a little. "It's okay. What do you need?"

"Yellow flowers. Any will do!", Seokjin answered.

"We have Chrysanthemums. They're a few days old but still looks great."

"Great! I'll take a bouquet."

"Here you go, Seokjin!"

"Oh, you remembered my name?"

"Hard to forget a name and face like yours!", Yoongi blurted out. He mentally face palmed himself upon seeing the man's flustered face. Great, Yoongi, he thought to himself, real smooth.

"Well, thanks. See you next week!", Seokjin said while rushing out.

Yoongi smiled. He's going to see him next week. This time he literally smacked his cheek. "Get a hold of yourself, Yoongi! He's a customer and he's probably buying the flowers for his girlfriend.", the shop owner muttered to himself.

Still, that doesn't stop Yoongi from feeling giddy and excited for next Saturday to come.

*****