Chapter 17~

I slipped inside and gave my parents a hug goodnights as the went to the other side of the house to go to bed. I paced around my room until 9:50, then I slipped on my shoes. I  grabbed my phone, making sure it was fully charged. I stepped out the window and made my way towards the lake. Sure enough there was party going on. I recognized a few people that my sister had spoke of. I grinned and made my way to  Jamie. She was wearing  shorts that were a little bit too short and a tank top. 

" CAMI!" she said a little too loud. " Is that you? Oh my gosh! I can't believe it. You've grown up so much."

 I looked down and smiled  feeling like all eyes were on me, she hooked arms with me and felt the need the introduce me to EVERYONE. 

"So...are you here with anyone?" said one guy, the slight smell of alcohol on his breath. 

I shook my head wishing Vic was right next to me,  I was uncomfortable around the guy. Jamie had left us and was hanging around the refreshment table filled with spiked drinks. I desperately needed Vic's voice to comfort me. A text message, a tweet, anything.. Suddenly, I felt a little too secluded from the rest of the party, and the guy was standing a little too close. Jamie walked back over and relief flooded through me. She was holding two drinks in her hand. She saw the doubt in my eyes but nudged me, hoping I would live up to my sister's standards. The drink burned my throat, and she instantly gave me another few.  I drank hoping not to disappoint her. She disappeared again to hand out more drinks and I was once again alone again. A song started blaring through the speakers and the guy asked me to dance. I shook my head no and started to walk away. He looked pissed. He grabbed my wrist as I walked away and twisted, his grip tight.  He pulled me closer to him and I tried to get away, but he wrapped his arm around my waist. 

I'll have you know I'm scared to death.

He leaned closer to me so he could whisper in my ear

" Listen now. Be polite, and dance with me. okay?"

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket. It was Vic. I tried to answer it, but the guy just pulled me closer to him. Jamie looked over to us and just smiled. From far away, we looked like a couple being intimate. But if you got any closer you would see that now there was tears rolling down my face now.  I recognized the outline of a knife in his pocket. What was going to happen?  Then I heard Vic's voice.

" Cami? I'm sorry about not calling earlier. I miss you, okay? Cami?  Are you mad at me?" he said. 

The phone must have connected when he had pulled me tighter.  I wanted to scream, but I was terrified what the guy would do and what Vic would think. I whimpered and the guy put his hand over my mouth. 

I bit him. He was shocked that I actually did something and loosened his grip. He slapped me, but I twisted out of his grip and ran.  Tears blinded me, but I found my way back to the house. I climbed back into bed and cried. I dialed Vic's number. No answer. I kept calling. No answer.  I dialed Nat's number.

She picked up.