Chapter 16 :" Regrets "

Start from the beginning

             " What happened between me and Sanskar is not up for discussion " She answered back and he wanted to ask more questions but decided it was futile ,it was up to his cousin to make up his mind . 

                 " Are you really going to get divorced ?" She asked when he failed to say anything more and he wanted to tell her that it was not up for discussion just like her but he didn't know how he felt about Ragini proclamation just yet ,he has been the one who told her that he would let her go when they found Swara and he has no right to hold on to her still he wasn't willing to think about it ,at least not yet.

              " No ." He answered back instead and walked outside unwilling to continue explaining himself when he hardly understood his mind .

             *************************

          Swara let out a sigh of relief when Laksh answered No , she felt terribly guilty about her actions when she faced him and if he was heartbroken over her betrayal than it would always remind her about her foolishness .

           When she met Laksh ,she felt a kindred spirit someone who felt the loss of a family and he even told her about his estrangement with his cousin ,if only Swara had once asked about his name .Because she wouldn't have led him on if she knew he was Sanskar cousin . 

          As she told Laksh , she didn't think she was capable of love after losing Sanskar due to her decisions and when her parents died ,she lost her family as well .Ragini did her best tried to spend time with her awhile managing her works which demanded almost all of her remaining time ,and she had been lonely and Laksh had been a solution that kept her away from sinking into depression .

            When she returned to India and met his family , she has began to find solace in having a family of her own and she let it guide her decision further without stopping to think about anything else ,she had often told Laksh even back then that her heart was locked away ,he had assume it was due to grief and she never clarified it belong to someone else .

      But on impulse a week before the marriage ,she had searched for Rajeev or Sanskar on the internet ,trying to find if he she could contact him and she couldn't find any ways to reach him ,so gave up to the inevitable of being married to Laksh until her past caught up with her .

      Swara had hoped the next time she faced her parents killer ,she would be able to catch her or kill her and yet in truth she had ended up being stabbed and almost killed for the second time , Swara had underestimated her back  then ,a mistake she won't make this time around .

         " Are you okay " she heard her cousin voice speak up next to her and realized she has been crying ,ever since she regained her memory ,she had been crying often as if her brain is finally catching up with her emotions that was locked away. 

       " You should hate me . Laksh had been right,I had no right to put your life on danger by bringing you back to India and he had been your friend and I was too selfish to not realize my actions would take its toll on you ,You always knew my heart wasn't in Laksh yet you supported me and my foolishness until you payed the price by ending up married to him as well  " Swara spoke up as the feeling of guilt made its way when it comes to her cousin .

           " They may not be my parents Swara but they raised me as their daughter and I understood your reasons to find her even when your actions were scived, I had hoped you and Laksh would be able to heal each other and even now it not too late , I know Laksh still loves you and once the divorce is settled you can .." her cousin was still speaking but Swara cut her off with the shake of her head