17

"What was that all about?" I asked. Bill and I were walking our bikes to his house. School had just ended and the losers couldn't hang out today. Bev had to pack to go to her aunts house, Ben was organizing a going away party, Eddie and Stan had to be home due to strict parents, Mike had to deliver meats to the diner, and Richie was helping set up a "surprise" arrival party for tonight, yet it won't be a surprise because he blurted it out in P.E.

"It's n-not important." Bill replied, avoiding eye contact.

I scoffed, "Oh don't give me that bullshit, I know something happened."

"Yeah, R-R-Richie tried to p-prank you." Bill snapped.

"Hey!" I stopped and grabbed his handle bar. "I didn't do anything wrong, so stop talking to me like that. I just want to know what happened. And I know for a fact that Richie wasn't trying to prank me, he knows better than that."

"I-I-I'm sorry." He still avoided eye contact with me. "I don't want t-to talk ab-bout it."

"Fine, I won't press... for now." I replied. "Let's just go hang out. Ooh, lets go see a movie! I heard A Nightmare on Elm Street is playing, I'm sure we'll have time to watch it before I meet with Richie."

"M-Meet with Richie?" He asked, making eye contact for once. "Why w-w-w-would you be meeting with R-Richie?" He sounded irritated.

"So we can go have sex in his shed." I mockingly replied. "The surprise party? Remember? Jeez you're just pissed at everything today aren't you."

"No I-I-"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, I'll see you tomorrow." I swung my leg over the seat of my bike.

"Wait!" He yelled. I scoffed and hesitated to pedal. "Listen I'm s-s-sorry. It's just... I r-r-really like you. A-A-And I don't want t-to lose you to s-some other guy."

I released the tension on my uncomfortable muscles. "It's fine. If you couldn't tell, overreacting is my specialty." I giggle. "If you don't want to lose me, then claim me." (That sounds weird but it's not)

"Will you be my g-girlfriend?"

"Will you stop being jealous of other guys who don't even meet my standards?"

"Probably n-not."

"Then yes."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill and I sat in the dark theater, ready for the next jump scare. Horror movies don't seem so scary after that day in the sewers. I mostly came to fawn over Johnny Depp and watch Bill not so discreetly hate him.

So far I've only had to grip onto bill once, no matter how early I saw the jump scare coming. As the movie came to an end I chugged the rest of the soda, spilling a bit on my shirt. I didn't really care since I was wearing black.

We walked out of the theater, not realizing how late it was. "Bill what time does your watch say?"

"6:34."

"Shit, we gotta go. I had to be to the orphanage by 6!" I jumped on my bike.

"Wait. Take m-my bike. It's f-f-faster." He offered.

"Thanks bill. Take good care of mine, I'm surprised she's lasted this long." I quickly responded while switching bikes.

He laughed. "No worries. I-I'll see you t-t-tomorrow."

"I had a great time by the way!" I shouted when I was halfway down the street. "We should totally do it again soon!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ran my hands down the skirt of my green dress, flattening the fabric once more as I stood up from my bed. I grabbed the last bag of clothes and exited my room. Mrs. Tozier was waiting at the end of the small hall. She wore a smile that complimented her pretty blonde, tied back hair. She looked great, knowing she lived in the same house as Richie Tozier this was not at all what I expected. Well then again Richie isn't that unattractive. If only he wasn't a trash mouth.

I smiled back at her and paced down the hall. She took a youthful pink colored folder from my caretaker and nodded. She turned to face me.

This caused me to hurry forwards. "Hello!" Mrs. Tozier smiled. "You must be (y/n), now you can call me Maggie. That is if you aren't comfortable with calling me mom yet." She spoke quickly and seemed to be a bit jittery.

"Hi!" I smiled.

The caretaker, Mia, laid her hand upon my shoulder. "(Y/n), it's been so nice having you here. Having an older child who helps with the younger kids is so heartwarming and relieving. I hope you find yourself comfortable with Mrs. Tozier. And for your sake I hope I never see you here again."

I laughed, tears brimming at my eyes. I can finally have someone who will take care of me, without having to worry about losing them. Mia gave me one last hug, then walking us out to Maggie's car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On my end, the car ride home was quite relaxing, the music was playing, I was looking at the moon. On the other end Mrs. Tozier seemed a little bit on edge, yet that could just be excitement.

"Are you ok, Maggie?" I asked after she turned off the radio.

She sighed and put her palm to her collarbone. "Yes dear, I'm just... worried."

"If you don't mind, why is that?" I asked carefully.

"It just my husband, Wentworth." She seemed exhausted when she said his name. "He's tough to love, I don't want you to be uncomfortable or concerned for him. He believes in the old tradition of the women staying home to cook and clean, while the men go to work. He'll seem like he doesn't care, but I just want you to know that he does. And if he's ever too hard on you, let me know. Understand?"

"I understand. I've had to live with a man like that for a long time. I'm used to it." I smiled, trying to get comfortable. Maggie smiled back and focused back on the road.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"SURPRISE!"

I had just walked through the door to the Tozier residence. It looked just like aunt Sarah's house, minus the paint and furniture. It was filled with quite a few people and gold decorations, some saying "welcome home" or just "welcome."

First an older woman approached me. She held my hand in hers, "Hello dear! I'm grandma Mary." She smiled brightly. She had dark grey hair, along with dark brown eyes that complimented her pale complexion. "Oh my, why aren't you a pretty young lady. Such a pretty smile."

"Thank you." I smiled wider. "It's so nice to meet you."

She stepped out of the way after getting her introduction. A man and a woman stepped in front of me now. The woman showed off her pregnant belly with a fitted dress, and put her hand on top of her stomach.

"Nice to meet you (Y/n)." The woman greeted, her jersey accent prominent. "I'm your aunt Jessie, and this is your uncle Keith. We're so glad to have you apart of the family."

I ignored the tightening in my chest and forced a smile. "I'm glad to be apart of it."

The rest of the night went the same route. I met more of this family than I've met of my own. Well now I guess I'm apart of it now.

"Richie can I ask you something?" We were sitting on the couch, I was holding my baby cousin, Copper, letting him suck on my metal bracelet. He was making faces at Copper and attempting to copy aunt Jessie's accent.

"Well you just did, so yes." He replied while relaxing back onto the couch. I leaned back too, playing peekaboo with Copper.

"Well... where is your dad?" I asked before uncovering the babies eyes, making him giggle.

"Oh uh..." He seemed to get a little uncomfortable. "He's working the night shift. You won't really get to see him around here." I nodded and gave him an apologetic look. I felt bad of shifting his mood like that. "Well at least I'm going to see you more often."

"Yeah." I smiled.

So, should I do a face reveal or something. Cause like, I'm just a random ass person writing a story, I feel like a stranger. I might do like q and a's if you guys want to actually know something about me other than my writing.