1

Cold ran through (y/n)'s veins.

Why would they take me away from my home?

All (y/n) wanted was to see her parents again. She wanted to live in the house she had grown up in, yet here she was being shipped away to Maine.

Sitting in the backseat of a taxi, she scratched her nails together. Soft music played in the background. She stared out the window just as they passed over a bridge. She knew she was in Derry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n) POV
We finally pulled in. It was an old,
Yet cozy looking home. It was a two story building with an attic on top. It was colored a dark purple/ maroon. It wasn't the worst looking building, but it could use some re-modeling.

I got out of the car and looked around. Not many people were walking the streets. It looked as though the town should be lively. But no one was around. Maybe some people are away for summer vacation.

Stepping up to the porch, I noticed a man from the moving van walking past me with an old, paint chipped jewelry box in his hands. Before he could go inside I stopped him.

"Hey I got this." I told him taking it out of his hands. He nodded and walked back to get the rest of the belongings that I wished to keep from my home.

I hugged the box to my side and stalked up the stairs to the porch. Avoiding the dangerously old looking wood flooring, I finally made it to the door. I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it lightly.

Welcome to your new life...

The door pushed open and I was greeted harshly by the two very tiny dogs jumping at my legs while barking. "Why hello there." I said sarcastically. I felt a nudge at my back.

"Excuse me." The man from the moving van scoffed.

Yeah excuse you bitch...

He pushed past me with a body-length mirror. I scoffed at his rude actions but then decided to analyze the house.

The first thing I could see was an old living room with a surprisingly clean, white, carpet. I noticed a coffee table with envelopes and papers scattered across it. On top of that, there was a light pink purse with silver handles on it. It looked like it was made for a Barbie. Behind the table was a black leather couch with small scratches on the sides, assumably from the dogs that were still scratching my legs. Another identical couch was sitting opposite a fireplace. The fireplace was framed with rocks and was enclosed by glass.

It's not real

A few feet above the fire place was a small box tv. It was sitting on a shelf with movie cases next to it. The walls were painted a light gray, and had paintings and pictures along it. Next I could see a kitchen. The cupboards were painted white while the counters and island were made of marble. A few chairs sat around the island.

Must not have a dining room.

I walked out of the kitchen and finally noticed a stairwell in the hallway. On it stood what I assumed to be my aunt.

"You must be (y/n). Well I haven't seen you since you were a baby," her eyes were tear filled. "I'm your aunt Sarah. I am so sorry about your parents, they were really great people."

My eyes stung with tears about to fall. However I didn't let them. She embraced me in a hug that was well needed.

"Now, shall I give you a tour? I'm sure you've already seen the living area and the kitchen. But don't worry, with your help we can turn it into whatever you would like it to be." She assured.

Next she led me down the hall and pointed out the bathroom and closet. She then brought me upstairs and into another hallway. She told me, my room is all the way on the end to the right and hers was on the left. We had our own bathrooms and small walk-in closets.

"It's getting dark, have you eaten?" She asked me.

"Not since we left this morning." I told her honestly.

"Ok, well I'm making spaghetti (or whatever you want). It'll be done sometime in the next 30 minutes. The moving van just left so all of your things are in your room." She told me. She then left to make dinner so I went to have a look around my room.

I pushed open the dark oak door and into a white painted room. My bed was there but the frame wasn't set up.

I guess I'll work on that.

I got out the manual and got to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
30 minutes go by and Sarah calls me for dinner. I was almost finished with the frame but I was having trouble balancing it to put on the other two legs. I left the bed slanted to the right so I could go to dinner.

I stepped into the kitchen and smelled the scent of garlic and tomato sauce. A plate was set on the end of the island so I sat there. I grabbed the shake cheese and dug in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After diner I asked aunt Sarah to help me with my bed frame, so she followed me to my room. She lifted the bed so I could slip the legs underneath and screw them on.

I smiled in satisfactory and held my hand up for a high five. She smacked my hand and smiled back. She walked over to my closet and threw me a full-sized bedsheet. I made my bed and threw on a white comforter to finish it. I sat down and looked around.

Now to set up the desk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I looked up at my clock and realized that it was already 9:45. By now I had set up everything to my liking, including posters of Johnny Depp, Queen, and The Jackson 5. Seemed like the typical teenage girl thing to do.

I felt exhausted so I laid back on the bed.

I guess I can get some sleep.

First I got up and closed my window (I'm paranoid about this). Then I put on pjs and shut off my light.

"Goodnight!" I shout across the hall to aunt Sarah.

"Night hon!" She shouted back.

Thank god she's not uptight and strict.

Finally I closed my door and laid back down. I took in the events of the day and realized that this might not be that bad. A few minutes of tossing and turning later, I was out.