14

After the battle in Derry's sewers, Bill Denbrough said his final goodbye to his late little brother, Georgie Denbrough. Richie Tozier earned his best friend back. Mike Hanlon was no longer known to himself as just the "outcast." Stanley Uris learned what it really means to be a best friend. Eddie Kaspbrak learned that family is so much more than blood. Ben Hanscom found passion and true meaning in life. Beverly Marsh would never again let anyone label her. Lastly, (Y/n) (L/n) learned that everyone deserves a second chance, no matter how much it hurts.

The lucky eight, the outcasts, and the losers. They knew nothing would be the same. But they did know they still had 1 day left of summer break. They also knew exactly how they would spend it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your pov:

It's been two weeks since the day down in the sewers. My aunt had a proper burial and ceremony, which I'm glad to say all my friends gave me their support. Without my knowing, aunt Sarah set out a will for me. Little did I know I was living with a 5 time lottery winner, and millionaire.

Though money doesn't mean much to me, and I'm not allowed to touch it until I'm 17. In 3 years time I will be out of state, living happily and warm with my best friends in a big house.

For now, I was put into a foster system, I had no other family I wanted to go to. Lucky me, Richies mother had always wanted a daughter. I've only had an interview with her and her husband to see if I was, well behaved, enough for them. That was a week ago, now I'll be moving in once child protection services are finished evaluating the house. That should be sometime in the next 3 days.

Today was the last day of summer break, I wanted to spend it with my friends before we get stuck in different classes. We settled together on a flat of land next to the river.

"So Bev, if it isn't a touchy subject. What did you see when you were, Y'know, in the trance?" Ben asked politely.

"Uh," She looked at the ground while concentrating. "I can only remember parts. But, I thought I was dead. That's what it felt like... I saw all of us together back in the system. We were older, like our parents ages."

From next to Bev, I could feel her tense state. Then bill spoke up, "Wh-Wuh-What were we all doing there?"

"I just remember how we felt." She admitted. "How scared we were. I don't think I can ever forget that." I put my hand on her shoulder, she looked over at me and smiled.

The day after the fight in the sewers, Bev and I didn't want to be alone. We decided to have a sleepover with the others at bill's house. We mostly just watched movies and ate lots of food. When it was time for bed, the others were asleep in the living room. But Bev and I went into the bathroom. She wanted to talk about everything that had happened that summer. That night, I found out that Bev called Bill and told him not to go on the date, giving him the impression that I wasn't attending. She apologized, and for the first time in a while, I forgave someone. I forgave her, I forgave Bill, I even forgave myself for being so close minded. Now I feel closer to her than ever.

Bill grabbed something from within the grass under his feet. He held a piece of glass, most likely from a broken bottle. He stood up, "Swear it, sw-swear that if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back, we'll come back too."

I didn't hesitate to stand up. Everyone else stood up as well. Bill dug the glass into his palm, gliding it across his hand. I winced as he went around the circle, doing the same to everyone else.

Then he stopped at me.

I gave him my hand. He held it in his, repeating the process as I just stared past him. I was so done with blood for at least 27 years.

Bill dropped the glass into the grass and joined the circle once again. He grabbed my cut hand, I winced a bit. I grabbed Beverly's hand before everyone joined. We stood there for a good 15 second before we let go.

"I gotta go." Stan blurted. "I hate you." He looked at bill. Bill just looked down. Suddenly he let out a breath of laughter. I giggled a bit. "Well, see you later."

It wasn't long until Eddie followed, wanting to go home. Then Mike. Then Richie. Then Ben and Bev, together.

Silently I sat next to bill on the giant rock. I let out a sigh, feeling a few tears coming on.

"D-Do you have t-to go too?" Bill asked. I blocked out the tears, not wanting them to fall.

"Well no, but if you insist..." I stood up, pretending to leave.

He stood up as well, "N-no! I didn't m-m-mean-"

I giggled, "I know bill. I was just messing with you." I playfully punched his shoulder.

"O-Oh." His face flushed a light pink.

I smiled, "So, guess we never got a chance for that date. Think you still feel like you don't know much about me?"

"Y-Yeah." He laughed. "So... wanna g-get dinner at Branson's?"

I smiled and bit my lip. "Hmm, well I don't know. Should I? I mean, free food, hanging out with my favorite person. It's the last day of summer." I feigned a look of consideration. Then I met Bill's eyes. He looked a bit confused.

Quickly, I leaned in. My lips met his. Within a few seconds, he kissed back. I flung my arms around his neck, pulling him in closer. Then I pulled away. His face was bright red. "How's that for an answer?"

He giggled. "Great."

This is not the end of chapter 1.