9

I stood with the losers as we watched Eddie get pushed into his moms car, ready to go to the hospital. By the looks of things, we most likely wouldn't see Eddie until school started up. His mother was the most overprotective parent I've ever met. And I've only known her for maybe a minute and a half.

"You! You did this!" She bellowed. "You know how delicate he is." Her voice was strict and cutting, she talked to us like we were her own kids. I knew this wouldn't be accepted in the future when us kids would be making laws and deciding what's right or wrong.

"We were attacked, M-M-Mrs. k." Bill tried.

"No, don't." She interrupted. "Don't try and blame anyone."

"It's the truth." I argued, trying to make this woman see sense.

"Quiet!" She retorted. "You," she pointed a finger in my direction, "name?"

I sighed, knowing this was a waste of her own time and my aunt wouldn't care. "(Y/n) (L/n), not that it matters-"

"I said quiet! So shut your damn mouth." She glared at me. "Your parents will surely be hearing from me."

"If you find a way to talk to my parents, please do let me know." I glared back. Next thing I knew, a purse flew up and struck my face. I stumbled back a bit, both shocked and pissed. NO ONE has the right to hit me. NO ONE had the right to tell me what to do. And lastly NO ONE is allowed to disrespect me like that.

Before I could react any further, the fat lady dropped her keys. Beverly bent down to pick them up for her, "let me help-"

"Get back!" She scolded. "Oh I've heard of you miss marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son."

I watched in absolute horror. I can't even imagine how Eddie feels, having to deal with her all the time. God how I wish I could save him from her. I looked to the others to see their reactions. All were the same, just blank, some maybe with a tinge of guilt. On the other hand, I was furious. No parent should treat anyone else's kids like that, and to say those things to Bev? She's just a kid.

"Mrs. k I sw-s-sw-" Bill began to speak up. I was glad at least someone would say something.

"No!" She turned around. "You are all monsters! All of you. And Eddie is done with you. Do you hear? Done!"

This time it was silent, well besides the fabric of her clothes as she walked to the other side of the car. I wished I could have said more in defense but I'm not sure if her purse was made of metal but that fucking hurt. We watched in pain as she got in her car and started it. Eddie was crying, either from embarrassment or pain. Probably both. She finally drove away, leaving us to stand on her front lawn.

We stepped out onto the street and watched the car drive off. I was sure she hadn't driven it in a while, based on the squeaks and clangs coming from the old car.

Bill turned to face the rest of us. "I saw the well. W-W-We know where it is, a-an-and next time we'll be better prepared."

"No!" Stan cried. "No next time bill. You're insane.

"Why?" Bev asked. "We all know no one else is going to do anything."

"Eddie was nearly killed!" Richie argued. "And look at this motherfucker." He pointed at Ben. "He's a leaking hamburger helper."

"We can't pretend it's going to go away. Ben you said it yourself, it comes back every 27 years." Bev reminded.

"Fine, I'll be 40 and far away from here." Ben shot back. "I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town too."

"Because I want to run towards something not away." Bev replied.

"I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald to the group?" Richie sassed. Bev gave him the finger.

"Richie." Stan said.

"I'm just saying, let's face facts. Real world, Georgie is dead. Stop trying to get us killed too." Richie began to walk away but bill blocked him.

"Georgie's not dead." That was the first time I've ever heard bill say Georgie's name without stuttering. Sadly, I had to disagree with him. I heard it from the boy himself.

"You couldn't save him. But you can still save yourself." Richie finished.

"No, t-t-take it back!" Bill shouted, blocking Richie from leaving again. "You're scared, we all are. But take it back!" He pushes Richie back. I knew this was where I had to interfere.

"Guys stop!" I shouted, but Richie pushed back. Bill stepped up again but I got in between them. That was a bad idea.

You know when your going to do something and your mind reacts before your muscles do? Well that's what happened when bills fist came in contact with my mouth. I stumbled back into Richie, he helped me get up and he examined my face to make sure I was ok. But I knew I wasn't and this was the last straw. When my head shot up to meet Bills eyes, I could see they were filled with guilt and regret. I knew he didn't mean to hit me but I couldn't stop my actions.

"(Y/n)." He gasped. Everyone else gasped as well. I just rolled my eyes, I was definitely done with this group.

"Don't fucking '(Y/n)' me!" I pushed him, hard. He toppled back onto the pavement, surely scraping his skin. "Y'know Richie is right. And someone has to break it to you. Georgie is dead, he told me himself. He said it's too late. I don't know what else to tell you, but I'm sorry, I truly am."

Bill stood up quickly, but Bev interrupted. "This is what it wants. It wants to divide us. We were all together when we heard it. That's why we're still alive."

"(Y/n) was only there to stay friends with us. She doesn't actually care!" Bill pointed at me stepping forwards. "If she did she would have gone down that well with me and fought him off."

"Who are you to say I didn't care?" I retorted. "I went inside with the intention of leaving with your little brother. But change of plans, he's dead. There is absolutely nothing I can do to change that, sorry that's not good enough."

"Y'know what. I bet your p-parents are glad they died, the farther away from you, the b-better. And I'm sure you d-d-don't have a care in the world for them, just pretending like n-n-nothing happened. What is it? Less than 3 m-months-" I cut bill off. His bullshit excuse of a fair argument has to stop now.

Before he knew it I was charging at him. I tackled him while screaming. "YOU ASSHOLE! ALL I HAVE DONE THIS SUMMER WAS LOOK FOR YOUR BROTHER, I HAD NO TIME TO EVEN THINK ABOUT MY PARENTS. AND YOU HAVE SOME NERVE TO TALK ABOUT THEM LIKE THAT TO ME."

I straddled him and grabbed his shoulders, pushing him back down onto the ground in frustration. He got in a few hits to my stomach and face, but not enough to cause me too much pain. Finally Mike and Stan pulled me off of him.

"OH I HOPE YOU G-GO M-M-MISSING NEXT YOU WHORE!" He screamed at me. I walked past him towards my bike, jumping on it.

"I guess I'll see you in hell you stuttering freak." I glared at him one last time, seeing his anger mixed with a little bit of regret, before I rode off down the street.

Well that was intense for me to write. Idk why but I felt like publishing two chapters in one day, hope you don't mind.