8

Without protests, everyone was on a bike heading towards Neibolt. After what just happened, I wasn't sure if I was ready. I mean sure, I was about to fight back, but I'd rather not think of what would have happened had the boys not opened the garage. And now we have no weapons, no plan, or even an idea of what we're up against. All I can say is I'm not in the mood to die. But I'm also not in the mood to let my friend die.

After a breathless trip, we quickly arrived at the place. It was definitely the perfect place in a junkies eyes. Every window was dusty and boarded up, as well as the door. It had a fenced front lawn with random toys and objects that kids probably lost and were too afraid to fetch. Not one strip of grass was living, I could bet on that. The two story house looked as if could collapse at any second, yet there Bill stood on the front porch.

"Bill no! You don't go towards the danger!" I stated in an patent tone while motioning towards the house. I dropped my bike and stalked towards him, avoiding the broken glass bottles on the ground.

Bill swiftly turned around to face us. He had a look of desperation and determination plastered on his face as he began to speak. "Look you don't have to come in with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty, or another Ed corcran? Or one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home and all I see is how Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals. But he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, is easier than walking into my own." With a pained look, he turned back around and faced the boarded up door.

"Wow." Richie breathed. Bill walked up to the door, ready to go inside.

"What?" Bev asked. It wasn't until now that I realized they had all been standing there. All I could focus on was him and his determination. I've never seen anything like that before, that kind of bravery before. And frankly, I liked it.

"He didn't stutter once." Richie walked up the steps after Bill. Bill put his hand on the doorknob, ready to go inside before Stan cut in.

"Wait!" He called. "Shouldn't we have some people keep watch? Y'know, just incase something bad happens."

Bill pondered for a moment. "Wh-Who wants to stay out here?"

Everyone besides Bev rose their hand. Including me. Ok listen, I love Bill and all, in a friend way, but this is actually dangerous. I'd love to help look for his brother and kill some psycho clowns, but in here, we could all go missing. No one would even know it until it's too late. I know what I signed up for, but it wasn't to get killed.

Bill sighed and we all slowly took our hands down. Next thing I knew, we were drawing straws. Just my luck, I got the shortest. Richie and Eddie came in second and third. It was an even four in and four out.

The door freaked as Bill slowly opened it. I thought it was kinda dumb since it would be alerting the enemy, but no, don't listen to (Y/n) who wanted to go through the window. Then again It could have heard us from inside when Bill made his speech. We stepped inside, instantly greeted with a dust and grime filled atmosphere.

It was clear that not a living soul had entered this house in years, maybe decades. "I can't believe I pulled the short straw, you guys are lucky we aren't measuring dicks."

"It'd be the same party, minus me." I rolled my eyes.

"But you don't have a dick." Eddie pointed the obvious.

"Exactly, so you can't say it's short."

Eddie moved on off of the topic as we moved further into the house. "I can smell it."

"Don't breathe through your mouth." Richie replied.

"How come?"

"Cause then you're eating it."