7

"(Y/n)..."

"(Y/n)!.....(Y/n) wake up!"

Richies voice sounded throughout the room. I opened my eyes just to close them again because of the brightness. I rubbed the corners of my eyes while propping myself up on my elbows.

"The doctor said you can go home, and your aunt has to go to work so it's best we leave now." He informed. I took a minute to let the words process. Eventually I nodded and properly sat up, dangling my legs over the side of the bed.

I stretched and yawned. I blinked a few times before my brain registered what I was looking at. Richie was the only one in the room with me. He looked a bit eager to leave, I wasn't sure why but I decided to hurry up.

"Where is everyone?" I asked while picking up a pair of bell bottom jeans from a pile of clothes at the end of my bed. Aunt Sarah probably had these extra clothes in her car.

"Your aunt is signing you out and everyone else had to go home."

"Well why are you still here?" I asked while putting the jeans on underneath the hospital gown.

"I was sleeping. Your aunt just woke me up." He replied. He seemed to be bouncing up and down nervously.

Then I realized, "You haven't told your parents where you are yet, have you?"

"No." He seemed to let his nervousness show a bit more by playing with the buttons on his shirt. I took off the gown after grabbing the loose baseball shirt I was wearing yesterday.

"Did you need a ride or are you just being a good friend?" I asked jokingly while putting on the rest of my clothes and shoes.

"Both." His voice was a bit higher pitched than normal.

"That's funny. You really are some comedian. But don't worry, we can leave now."

He sighed and quickly opened the door. I followed, trying to keep up with his pace. He was legit almost sprinting down the hall. "Dude slow down, you know you can call your parents first."

"That's not a good idea." He breathed out, if I weren't right next to him, I probably wouldn't have heard him.

Finally I grabbed his arm and stopped him. "Hey, why are you freaking out so bad? Surely you can't be in too much trouble that you can't even call them."

"Well you don't know them." He tried to shrug out of my grip, but it only tightened.

"Should aunt Sarah call your parents? Would that make it better?" I asked, trying to get him to calm down. He shook his head and tears started brimming in his eyes.

"No, it'll make it worse. My dad, he thinks I should be a man and confront him in person anytime I know I'm in trouble. If I don't... it's nothing you should worry about. But I just need to get home before he does." I let go of him, yet he didn't move.

"Tell him you were at bills house and the power went out so you couldn't call." I quickly suggested. I began walking to the waiting room.

He looked at me weirdly. "I can't believe I've never thought of that."

"I've had to come up with hundreds of excuses back in New York. My dad was very overprotective about boys, so I just stayed out late in the woods with my friends, then tell him I got lost or stuck up in a tree." I explained. He just smiled and nodded. "But it's probably better if you get home sooner, from what I just heard, you're not too great at lying."

He giggled but nodded, "Thanks (Y/n)."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been two days since that morning in the hospital. Richie called me yesterday to say that he got out easily because of that lie and the ride home. I was happy to have helped him and maybe be accepted into the group by him.