6

I jolted awake.

I lied in a cold sweat against soft sheets and a silky gown. I recognized it as a hospital gown, seeing as a child I wore them after each of two surgeries.

When my eyes adjusted to the light above the bed I lied in, I observed the room. The first thing I noticed was the intravenous bag, slightly above my head. Next my eyes shifted to my weighted hand. Inside it was another, following the arm I noticed it belonged to bill. His other arm allowed his head to be perched upon it.

I could hear light snores escape his mouth and his eyebrows moved slightly with each breath he took. I was snapped away from my gaze when I heard loud snoring. I looked at the end of my bed. Richie was laying at the end of it. His legs and one of his arms were hanging off the sides. His glasses were halfway falling off and his mouth was wide open. I giggled quietly at this.

I looked at the other side of my bed to see a sofa that Ben, Bev, and Stan occupied. Ben was sitting upright with his head resting on Bev's, who's head was resting on his shoulder. I smiled seeing how comfortable they were with each other. Aunt Sarah slept in a cushiony chair, she seemed comfortable but tense at the same time. Stan was the only one awake, he wasn't paying attention to her and he seemed to be uncomfortable.

"Stan?" His head snapped upwards. He stood up and came to my bedside. "Why am I here? And how long was I out?"

He looked at the others before answering, "You had a seizure at the park yesterday morning. It's 2am by the way. The doctors said it was because of your concussion and some clotting in your nose."

"Oh." I replied. I sat up, letting go of bills hand. "Could you get me some water please?" I noticed how dry my throat felt. He nodded and quietly left the room, yet the door made a decently loud noise.

Bill let out a raspy cough before sitting up straighter. He forced his eyes open and rubbed them. He brushed his fingers through his hair and let his eyes fall on me. He looked a bit surprised, probably because I was looking at him.

It took him a few moments of looking around and at his friends for him to actually begin to speak. "How long have you b-been awake? And what t-time is it?"

"Only a few minutes, and it's 2am." I answered. He shut his eyes hard before opening them again.

"Where'd S-Stan and Eddie go?" He asked after looking around again.

"Stans gone to get me some water, I haven't seen Eddie at all."

"He m-must have left after we f-fell asleep. His mom is v-very strict, he will probably be in t-t-trouble, he's very bad at lying to her."

I nodded. We stayed silent for a few moments. I looked up and caught his eye. "So ...you still up for that date?"

He smiled and laughed under his breath. "Definitely."

"So was Mike not allowed to come, or does he just not like me?" I asked jokingly.

Bill smiled again and shook his head, "Uh, His g-grandpa doesn't let him s-stay out long. It's a f-f-..." he couldn't finish the sentence, no matter how hard he tried. He sat there for a few minutes trying to get his breathing situated.

His hands clenched the sides of the chairs as he struggled to sputter out the words. "Bill, it's ok. I got the gist. Don't push yourself right now."

He sighed and leaned back in disappointment. He seemed so bothered. Yet I couldn't blame him. After he lost his brother, I'd have trouble saying "family" again when his is falling apart. I, on the other hand completely avoid the word.

He went to say something else but the door opened. Stan walked in with a, surprisingly tall, glass of water. Behind him a nurse walked in. Stan cautiously made his way over to my bedside. He handed me the cup which I was quick to chug.

Then the nurse cleared his throat, "Miss (y/l/n), we have already taken some tests to be sure that nothing like this will happen again. The clotting in your nose from tripping has built up so much that it caused this episode. We already fixed the build up, but to make sure this doesn't happen again we need you to take everything easy. Now I know it's summer and it's the time to have fun away from school, I understand that, but I'm gonna need you to rest and stay inside for the next two weeks..." I tuned out all of the following procedures, knowing that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them.

He continued to tell me the same thing for the next 5 minutes, I tried my best to look like I was paying attention. When he finished he asked the usual, "do you understand?" I just nodded. "Good, now you get that rest. Oh and your aunt has already been filled in, no questions?" I shook my head. He nodded then shut the door behind him.

I looked at Stan, he was slowly picking at the zipper on his tan jacket. His eyes were half closed, signaling that he was in the brink of passing out. Then I turned to bill who was in the same state, except he was leaning on my bed, using one of my pillows. I smiled and leaned back, resting my own head.

I tried to sleep, but I was focused on Richies snores. They came in a rhythm, so distracting. Then it got quiet. I was confused, it all stopped suddenly and I knew for a fact I wasn't asleep.

I sat up. Everyone was gone. I still felt a strong feeling in the pit of my stomach, telling me to lay back down and wake up. But it feels so real.

I sat up again. This time, at the end of my bed were Richies glasses. Sitting perfectly centered, lenses facing me. I furrowed my eyebrows. I looked over to where I last saw bill. In his spot was a bright yellow raincoat. It's color reflected on the walls, giving the white a yellow hue. In Stans spot was a yarmulke, I was right that he was religious. In Aunt Sarah's spot was a pink alligator skin designed, plastic purse. In Bev and Bens spots were a pair of converse and a set of headphones.

Before she could mentally comment on the sight, an alarm clock snapped her out of her thoughts. It read;

3:30

Here we go again.

I didn't edit, like usual. I hope you liked this chapter, it was a bit unplanned but I think it'll fit nicely in the story.