3

I was sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast when suddenly I remembered that offer bill gave me. Aunt Sarah sat across from me so I thought now was a good time to ask.

"So uh, do you remember that boy from yesterday?" I asked her. She nodded her head. "He asked me if I wanted to hangout today so I wanted to see if it was ok with you."

"Yeah, you don't need to ask, just remember to be home before dark." She told me.

"Ok great." I smiled. I rushed to finish breakfast and get ready. It was only 10:30 but I wanted to get out of the house. I found a rusting bicycle on the side of the house, but it was something to work with.

After riding around the neighborhood, I decided to look for the quarry. I rode through the park and found the river. Last night I asked aunt Sarah where the quarry was and she said there was a cliff somewhere nearby.

30 minutes of searching later I came across a cliff with the 5 boys from yesterday, striped down to almost nothing. Not the best sight to see. I dropped the bike to the ground and they looked back at me.

"Hey (y/n)." Richie greeted.

"Hi." I said awkwardly. "So, you guys gonna jump?"

"I'll go." I heard from behind me. I looked to see Beverly taking off her dress. Her red hair was now short and curly. I guess she wanted a change. She ran and jumped off the cliff into the water.

"Fuck it." I smiled. I jumped still fully clothed including shoes. It wasn't long until I hit the warm water below. I let myself float to the top without swimming up. It was very comfortable.

The others jumped in one by one. After about an hour of splashing each other, playing chicken, finding a turtle, and watching Richie and Eddie fight, we got out and were drying off. I didn't bring a towel or anything so I just sat there in wet jean shorts and a tee shirt. I was staring up at the clouds and paying attention to the music.

Beverly was tanning a few feet from me. I could sense that all the boys were staring at her. But I mean hey, if I was a horny teenage boy I'd stare at her too. I heard shuffling over the music so I looked back. Ben was telling everyone about the towns history and all the research he did on it.

I rolled over closer while Bev got up and sat next to bill. "Y-Y-Your hair."

"Your hair is beautiful." Ben complimented. I awed on the inside.

"Oh, right. Thanks." She replied. I could tell she wasn't interested in him which made me sad. Oh well. There's always guys.

Richie took some folder out of Bill's hands. "Derry's murders and missing kids."

"Derry's not like any other town I've ever been in before. I did a study once and it turns out people here disappear six times the national average." Ben informed.

"You read that?" Bev asked.

"That's just grown ups. Kids are worse, way worse." Ben said. "I've got more stuff if you want to see it."

Eddie shook his head, his eyes filled with fear. But I nodded. I was already interested. Next thing I knew, I was on my bike following Ben who was leading us to his house. Apparently he has a lot more research.

I was mostly dry by the time we arrived. I dropped my bike and looked to the others. I caught Bill's eye and he quickly looked away. Alrighty then.

About five minutes later I found myself standing in Ben's bedroom. All the walls were covered in papers or posters. I was focused on the "91 vanished" sign.

"...that winter they all disappeared without a trace.." Those were the only words that stuck out. Ben was talking about the meaning behind that sign.

"That's always great." I mumbled under my breath.

"W-What?" Bill asked.

"Nothing." I gave him a slight smile. "What's that?"

"I th-think it's a m-map." He Replied. "W-Where was the Well house?"

"I don't know, somewhere in town I guess." Ben replied. "Why?"

Bill stayed silent. I could feel a desperate aura around him. He was thinking hard. I couldn't tell if he was upset or just wrapped up in his thoughts. "Nothing."

Ben went on babbling about other random facts. Meanwhile I looked over to bill, he looked so broken but I couldn't understand why. I decided it would be best to talk to him.

"Hey bill, are you ok?" I asked. "You seem a bit on-edge." My voice was soft and careful. He looked up with sad eyes.

"Yeah I'm fuh-fine." he gave a slight smile. I wasn't buying it.

"Ok, just checking." I returned the smile. He looked away and back to the item he was so interested in. "I think I'm gonna head home, this is the most I've been able to do in a long time. Especially in one day."

"I'll go with you, I can't st-stay out too long anymore." Bill moved his eyes back in forth with a knowing look in his eyes.

I frowned for a moment, recalling his brothers death being the reason this town was given a curfew. I quickly hid it with a small smile, trying to give him a reason to lighten up a bit.

Within minutes we ventured outside and picked up our bikes. "So, you live around here?" I tried to start a conversation.

"Y-Yeah, just a few blocks thu-that way." He pointed in the direction of where my house was located.

"Huh, you must live on the same street as me or something." I swung my leg over the seat and sit down.

"M-Maybe." He smiled. We started our way down the road, catching each others glance every once in a while, then our faces reddening a bit.

I giddily grinned like an idiot. I was enjoying this too much. Well sadly it came to an end quicker than I had hoped for.

"This is my stop." I frowned staring up at the old chipping paint of my aunts house. I turned my head, "see you soon?"

"Y-Yeah, soon."