2

I woke up to faint tap coming from behind my curtains. I slowly sat up and looked around. I checked my bedside clock.

3:30am

Lovely.

I slid down, off my bed and cautiously made my way towards the window. The taps continued. I stopped, arms length from the curtains. I decide to get over my fear of the unknown. I pushed them open quickly.

Bad idea.

Outside I saw my parents hanging by their feet from a tree. Their bodies mutilated. Nothing but hair, bone, and bits of cartilage. I tried to scream but I couldn't. I felt my throat close up. My eyes became blurry. I couldn't feel anything.

Suddenly a voice called out to me. It sounded as if they were singing.

"(Y/n), oh (y/n)."

"Mom?" I cried out.

"It's time to wake up (y/n)"

I was confused. Until I shot straight up, awake. I looked around frantically. At the foot of my bed was aunt Sarah. I internally groaned and fell back.

"(Y/n) it's almost noon, get up I made you brunch." She said. I've always hated it when I got rushed to get out of bed, especially when I just woke up.

"Ok, let me get dressed." I mumbled while sitting up. She closed the door on her way out. I got up and put on jean shorts and a plain yellow tank top. I brushed my hair and left the room. I was still on edge about my dream. But it was just a dream.

I walked into the kitchen then sat down to eat. I could feel a headache forming. Oh well. Today's gonna be a long day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been a week since I've moved in. I haven't had anymore nightmares or dreams but it constantly feels like I'm being watched. I'm probably still in shock from the accident. Today's Friday so aunt Sarah is taking me out on a girls day.

She rushed breakfast and got me in the car by 11:45-ish. I wasn't really complaining since I wake up at 9:00 everyday. She drove quickly through town and stopped outside a drug store. She parked in between buildings which didn't seem right

"Isn't this illegal?" I asked.

"Probably." She answered bluntly. "I'll be right back, stay here." She rushed around the corner and out of sight. I sat there looking around when suddenly a group of boys came around a corner.

One of the boys were bleeding and the rest of them, besides one, ran around the same corner as aunt Sarah. I'm guessing they were getting medicine for him.

I got out of the car. "Hey, are you ok?" I ran up to them.

"Yeah, just a scratch." The bleeding boy replied.

"No he isn't, he was attacked by Henry bowers." The kid with glasses confirmed.

"I'm assuming Henry is a high school bully." I raised an eyebrow.

"You don't know who Henry bowers is?" His jaw hung low.

"No dipshit, I just moved here." I retorted.

"Jeez, feisty." He smiled. I scoffed at his arrogance.

Just then, the boys from earlier ran towards us.

"We got the stu— who's she?" The tallest of the group asked. He had curly hair and was wearing something a little formal for a day like today. I had a feeling that he was religious.

"A by-passer." I replied simply.

"What's your name?" The boy holding all the medical supplies asked. He was the shortest of the group. He had straight, either black or dark brown hair. He had a weird look on his face when he asked.

"What does that matter? There's a kid about to bleed to death and you're worried about my name? Help him before I do, and I'll have no idea what I'm doing." I retorted.

He stared at me for a few seconds. "Hello?" I waved my hand in front of his face. He turned and started helping the boy.

"But really what is your name?" The tall boy asked.

"It's (y/n)." I replied. "Now what's yours?"

"Stanley." He replied. He sounded kinda irritated.

"I'm Richie." The boy with glasses exclaimed. "That's bill, he's Ben, and he's Eddie."

Eddie started telling people to get him things, "Can you get my bifocals, I hid them in my second fanny pack."

"Why do you have two fanny packs?" Stanley asked. I almost laughed at that.

I looked over at bill, he was up on the sidewalk talking to a girl. He had straight, light brown hair and he had a slight slouch. He was holding a dollar up to a red haired girl. He pulled his hand back when she held up a pack of cigarettes.

Stan started freaking out so the girl ran over. I think bill noticed me staring at them. He gave me a look that I didn't understand. I brushed it off and returned my attention back to whatever they were talking about.

"Are you ok?" She asked. "That looks like it hurts."

"No I'm good, I just fell." Ben replied.

"Yeah, right into Henry bowers." Richie retorted. I'm guessing Henry bowers is well known.

"Shut it, ruh-ruh-Richie." Bill warned. He had a slight stutter laced in his voice.

"Why? It's the truth." Richie exclaimed.

"The truth no one asked for." I gave him an annoyed look.

"You sure they got the, right stuff to fix you up." The girl flirted.

Ben gave her a smile that made me genuinely feel happier.

"Y'know, wuh-wuh-we'll take care of him, thanks again Beverly." He gave her a smile that I'm sure any girl would love to see from a guy.

"Sure, maybe I'll see you around." Beverly suggested.

"Yeah, we-we-we were thinking about going to the, qu-qu-quarry tomorrow, if you wanna come." He invited.

"Good to know, thanks." She walked off.

Eddie clapped his hands together after getting up. I didn't really understand what I was still doing there. I kept looking back and forth between all of them.

"Nice going, bringing up bowers in front of her." Stanley scolded.

"Yeah dude, you heard what she did." Eddie said.

"What'd she do?" Ben and I asked in unison. We glanced at each other.

"More like who'd she do. From what I heard the list is longer than my wang." Richie said grabbing his crotch. Stanley and bill gave him a weird look.

"I'm sure so is the list of how many times you've gotten laid." I rolled my eyes.

"That's not saying much." Stan looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and pressed my lips together.

"Who are you again?" Richie sassed.

"Just a by-passer." I said. I put my fingers up and saluted them.

I walked back to my car at the same time as Aunt Sarah was arriving. Before I opened the door I heard someone shout 'wait'.

I turned around and bill was running over to me. "Huh-hey, uh you can co-come too. Uh to the qu-qu-quarry." He invited. I observed his features for a few seconds. He seemed genuine.

"What time?" I asked.

He smiled, "nuh-noon."

"Ok." I returned the smile. He ran back to his friends so I got in the car.

"Ooh, who was that?" Aunt Sarah asked.

"Someone." I replied.

Please comment grammar mistakes for now on.