15

Today was the first day of school, yesterday's date could have been better. We had to end it early because my caretaker at the orphanage needed me home for a fire drill. It lasted maybe 5 minutes tops. We agreed we would do it properly once I move into Richies house.

Moving on, I put on a yellow crop top, held up by straps. I put on a matching pair of dress pants. Just because I don't hang out with many girls doesn't mean I can't dress like one. Next I put my hair up into a half up, half down style. The half up, I split into fourths, then putting them into space buns.

I smiled at my reflection in the dusty bathroom mirror. I figured this would be a good first impression. Not that it mattered to me, I'm only going to learn.

I grabbed my old grey backpack that I've used for the past 4 years of school. Even though I'm only going into 9th grade, I'm still gonna save money. Well, not that I have any at the moment.

I walked out the front door of the orphanage with a few other children. Our caretaker wouldn't drive us today, plus the school is only a mile from here. I took my bike from the bike rack and hopped on. There were a select few familiar faces seen on the way, either from taking walks or from town events. A few of them took their glances at me, seeing as I was new to them.

And I was in the newspaper because of my aunts "murder"...

Anyways, I stopped at the bike rack and chained my bike. I searched for my friends, no luck. I decided I probably looked weird. New kid, all alone, standing in front of a school looking at all the kids. I decided to be less creepy and just head inside by myself.

I took my schedule from my pocket,

Homeroom; 7:34-8:22, room 227, Taylor, English
Period 2; 8:25-9:07, room 130, Izmir, Biology
Period 3; 9:10-9:52, room 126, Pufler, Health
Period 4; 9:55-10:37, room 207,
Bender, French 2
Period 5; 10;40-11:22, cafeteria, lunch
Period 6; 11:25-12:07, room 109, Red, Global 1
Period 7; 12:10-12:52, room 148, Perkins, study hall
Period 8; 12:55-1:37, gymnasium, Jones, physical education
Period 9; 1:40-2:25, room 111, chorus

"Boo!" Someone grabbed my shoulders from behind. I turned around.

"Ugh Richie!" I groaned when I saw his arrogant smirk. "Not funny."

"Oh I thought it was hilarious." He teased. I began to walk into school, he stood next to me. "So, What's up with the fabulous new outfit?" He asked with a feminine tone.

"I don't know," I admitted. "Just felt like making a good impression today."

"Coolio," he replied, "So, where ya heading?"

"English." I replied, handing him my schedule.

"Ooh, looks like you're stuck with me in biology, health, lunch, and P.E." He handed me the paper again. "But no worries, I'm sure I have time to get you to your first class safely."

"Oh what would I do without you!" I dramatically replied.

"Probably end up in the janitors closet with Bill-"

"Getting s-s-supplies to wash y-your trash mouth." Bill interrupted.

"Precisely what I was getting at." Richie joked.

"Totally." I smirked as we entered the first hallway. "So bill, what classes have you got with me?" I asked as I handed over my schedule.

"Uh, E-English, Health, Lunch, Global, P.E, and C-Chorus." He handed back the paper.

"Ooh, Chorus. Now were you forced or do you just have a love for the beautiful art of singing?" I asked, half jokingly.

"Heh, G-Georgie said I had a g-great voice." He smiled. I hardly noticed that Richie broke away from us until I heard him flirting with a random girl a little ways back.

"Looks like I lost my tour guide." I pouted.

"Oh, w-well I'll take you, we have the class together." He grabbed my hand and led me up a flight of stairs, past a crowd of girls.

"Hey newbie in the yellow!" A girl called out, majority of the students within 15 feet range of me quieted down. "Sluts aren't welcome here." She crossed her arms.

"Then leave." I shouted back subconsciously. There was a hush of "oohs" heard from the entire hall. Bill gripped onto my hand a little tighter, more than likely uncomfortable.

"You don't want to do this." He whispered to me. "That's Greta Keene."

"I assumed. And you're right, she started it." I replied.

"Do you have any idea who you're talking to!" She yelled.

"No. But I'm gonna assume no one likes you and your bitchy attitude." I replied, just wanting to leave. "You probably have some basic bitch name like Greta."

A look of shock was plastered on the students faces. "What's your name, freak." She asked, still in shock.

"Ask your dad, after all he was screaming it all night. Now if you don't mind, I've gotta go fuck your boyfriend. Bye bye now!" So much for good impressions.

Her mouth hung open, her eyes wide. She just stared at me speechless. I turned my head to see most of the losers (minus mike and Richie) standing at the top of the staircase. I pulled bill up the stairs, past all the whispering students.

We finally made it to the second floor, the losers joined us on our tour to English. "(Y/n), oh my god! You just won a fight against Greta, on your first day!" Bev exclaimed.

"Oh, c'mon you would've done the same thing, had she called you that." I replied. "Besides, it's not like I wanted to, I just want to get to English."

"Well it's right here." Bill pointed to a door on the left side of the hall.

"Thanks Bill." I smiled. "Anyone else have English with us?"

"I do." Ben said. No one else spoke up.

"Great, well lets go, we have 15 seconds." I said, pointing at the clock at the end of the hall. They nodded and followed me inside.

We found a row of three free seats. We sat down, Bill was in the middle. The bell rang as I grabbed a binder from my book bag, deciding it would be for English.

"Hey, Uh, I-I never got th-th-the chance to say you look p-pr-pretty today." Bill complimented, a light pink blush spread onto his cheeks.

"Thanks bill." I smiled. Before I could make anymore type of conversation with him, the teacher walked in.

"Morning class," he bellowed. "I'm Mr. Taylor. Now, today's class we will be going over the syllabus for this years expectations..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
English didn't seem to go by quickly. Yet I still enjoyed it. Writing had always been something that I enjoyed. But I knew it wasn't exactly my passion. I'm more of a singer, I was already writing a song.

When English finally ended, I was quick to get up and out. I don't like sitting still for too long, it makes me uncomfortable. On my way out the door I spotted Richie a little ways down.

"Rich! Wait up!" I called to him. He turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey, where did you go earlier? You didn't take the janitors closet thing seriously, did you?" He jokingly questioned.

"Maybe I would have had time for that if I didn't run into Greta." I half joked.

"So it's true?" He asked. "You seriously made her look like an idiot?"

"No, she did that herself this morning. I just pissed her off." I smirked.

"Y'know you're going to get yourself killed." He raised his eyebrow at me as we ran down the steps.

"I keep a crowbar, dagger, and baseball bat in my room. I think I'm all set." I giggled.

"Right."

Sorry if my writing is getting less descriptive, I'm just trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to do. But I think I smell some drama cooking...