5

My face was numb, as was my expression. It was the next day when I sat up against a wall outside of the drugstore in which I met the group. It was profound that my nose was broken, but I refused to see a doctor. I've had a bad past with them. And I almost strangled one when they confirmed that my parents were dead.

I held a bag of frozen peas against my face. It didn't do much past the bandages, but it felt good on my split lip. I groaned in pain when stood up. Did I mention that I've had a migraine to go with the concussion?

"H-Hey, sit. We're not g-going anywhere." Bill set his hand on my shoulder. Before I could protest, a terrible sound made me wince. I looked towards the street to see Richie playing the trumpet.

The guy he stole it from finally pulled it from his grasp. "What the fuck dude?"

"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie came around a corner. He held two ice cream cones.

"What they always talk about." Richie took a cone from Eddie.

"I actually think it will end." Ben said. Since I didn't hear the conversation they were having I just assumed they were talking about the killings. "For a little while at least."

"What do you mean?" Bev asked.

"So I was going over all my Derry research, and I chatted out all the big events. The iron works explosion 1908, the Bradley gang in '35, and the black spot in '62. And now kids being..." He trailed off.

Bill looked at me with sad eyes as I stood by Richie. I could feel the pain he felt of losing someone he loved. Then my mind trailed off to my parents. I missed them so much, and the nightmares don't make it any better. I can just about hear their whispers, it makes me think that I'm going insane. It feels so real when I see them each night, hanging from the tree right outside my window. I can't help but hope each time when I pull on those curtains, that they'd be alive or even having a conversation.

I snapped out of it when Ben continued to talk. I almost let a few tears fall but I focused on his words. "I realized, this stuff seems to happen every..."

"27 years." Bill caught on.

It took me a few moments to process everything. "God this is such a mood kill." I groaned, wanting to take my mind off of my parents, maybe get into the sun. This alleyway gave me more depressing feelings than my nightmares.

"Can I have some?" I asked Richie, gesturing to his ice cream cone. Before he could respond I took it. "Thanks." I shoved the entire thing in my mouth. I only slightly regretted it because it made me gag, but I acted like it was nothing.

I shivered when a sudden cold overcame me. It wasn't necessarily physical but it was enough to effect me that way. I looked around and the shadows of alleyway gained a darker mist. It felt evil and hateful. The others laughed at how I just took Richies cone, but I didn't feel... safe anymore.

"Hey let's go sit in the sun." I suggested, not taking my eyes off the dark end of the alley. No one seemed to notice but began walking to the park no matter.

"A-Are you ok, (Y/n)?" Bill questioned, his eyebrows furrowing. I met his eyes and shined a fake smile.

"Yeah, I'm just cold over here." We began to venture over to the park with our friends. He nodded but didn't look to convinced.

"Yuh-Y'know, we've been friends for a f-few days but it feels luh-like I don't know you at all." He confessed.

An idea brightened my mind, "Well, how about you take me on a date, and I'll tell you what you want to know." I was sure bill didn't like me that way and neither did I, but hey, friends can go on dates together. Right?