Chapter 37: Valentines Dance

-Kylie-

Andie rings the door bell. I quickly reach for my curling iron and curl the last of my hair.

"Andie! Great to see you!" Mom says through the door. "Hi Mrs. Dekinson! Is Kylie here?" "Yes! I'll go get her!" I run down stairs to great Andie. She smiles at me when I come down in my maroon dress. She wears a lavender one. "Kylie you look beautiful!" My mom says. Andie nods in agreement. "Thanks mom." I smile and blush a little. "Well, what are we waiting for?! Let's go!" I say to Andie. I give my mom a hug and out the door.

When we approach the gym, the outer part was decorated with red and pink ribbon and a bunch of glitter scattered across the pavement. Andie and I laugh as Gregory slides across the floor while "Lips are Moving." was playing. Mike wasn't there yet but I wasn't going to go all boy-crazy on Andie. We walked over to the snack table and saw Julia Carlson and Rosetta Millstien. "Hey guys!" I shout ver the blaring music. Julia and Rosetta turn to us. "Hey Ky! Hey An!" Rosetta gives us a hug. Her orange hair covering her back. Julia gives us a hug as well. She died her black hair a tint of pale purple and green. It matched her dress.

After we talked for a bit, Andie walked over to Thomas. I looked around. Where the hell was Mike? He promised he would be here around 7:30 and it was 7:35. I sighed, glancing around trying to find him. Evan grinding on girls while Andie, Julia, Nico and Thomas danced to Fireball and Uptown Funk. I decided that I wasn't going to let Mike being late ruin my night, I ran over to them and started dancing.

An HOUR had gone by and yet, Mike wasn't there. Andie could tell I was getting upset. She put her hand on my shoulder, "Ky, he's probably running late." "Andie, he lives 10 minutes from school, and the gym is right in front of it, how the hell could Mike be late." My tears started to come in groups I could feel my make up drooping. "Andie, can we go to the bathroom? Julia can come if she wants."

"Yeah sure! Let's talk. Lemme go tell Thomas and get Julia." I nodded in sadness and wiped my smeared mascara.

Andie and Julia come back a few moments later, Julia gave me a sincere, apologetic look. I gave her a small smile as we all turned towards the exit.

However, standing in the way of the exit was none other than Evan the pervert. He lips moved into a sly smile that made chills go down my back. I was sick and tired of him and his little dick like moves. "Oh great..." I murmured. "Kylie, just ignore Evan." "All he'll be doing is looking at my body. I am not keeping any promises." I sighed. Evan came up with his "look at me, I am fabulous." stroll and glanced down and looked at the 3 of us. "Julia, Andie." He tilted his head at them. "Dick." "Jerk." Andie and Julia replied. "You should be telling that to Mike not me. He didn't even show up to pick up this sexy chick." He turned behind me and started rubbing my shoulders. I couldn't take it anymore. "Stop Evan." I slapped his hands of my shoulders. "That ain't going to shut me up Kylie." He scoffed. "Yeah...but this might." With that I punch him hard in the nose. Causing him to fall back into a group of girls. He looked up at me in shock. Mr. Hemsworth, my english teacher started walking towards Evan. I froze and so did Andie. "Let's go let's go!" Julia whispered shoving us towards the exit.

As we entered the bathroom, 3 girls started walking out, they gave us a greeting smile, as did we and they walked past us. "Ky..t-that was-" Andie began. "I am not in the mood to be worshipped by punching a pervert who has been terrorizing me and my life ever since I got here." I snapped, crossing my arms. Andie and Julia exchanged a really? look. I rolled my eyes and uncrossed my arms, "Ok that was pretty awesome. It felt good too." "Hell yeah, did you see his face?!" Julia screamed. I chuckled and soon came back into reality why we were all in here. "Mike stood me up...again." I sighed, crossing my arms again. Julia dropped her mouth. "But, doesn't he like you?" "No, he only came to me because he was 'dared' to steal Pearl. It wasn't like he actually liked me." "Maybe he forgot?" Julia asked. I was about to answer but the Andie jumped in, "Mike lives ten minutes away from school, PLUS, an email was sent home to our parents. There is no way in hell that he or his parents forgot." Andie explained. Julia sighed in agreement. Suddenly I heard someone call me. "Kylie!" I opened the door in hopes it was Mike but I was wrong. It was Rosetta, "Oh my god. Did you see Evan?! He was so shocked!" She held her chest to gasp for air. Evan was walking down the hall with a tissue up his nose. Julia whispered in my ear, "I think you gave him a bloody nose." Andie turned around, "You think?!". He sat outside on the bench, "I-I'm gonna go talk to him." I started walking towards him, Rosetta jerked my hand back causing me to stumble, "What are you crazy?! He's already pissed at you!" "I don't care I punched him I should apologize!" I released my grip from Rosetta's arm and walked over to him.

As I sat down I realized how relaxing it was to sit outside. The cool air brushed against my face. My racing heart and my tensing muscles eased down. Evan looked in my direction but didn't say anything. I could see his blotched red nose. "Um hi.." I murmured. "Hi." He replied. It was awkward, I eyed Andie and Rosetta in the corner looking my direction. "Is there something you wanna say to me Kylie?" Evan asked in a impatient tone. I turned to him, he was now upright on the bench and half way turned to me. "I wanted to apologize about your nose," I started. "Yeah, well I was disrespecting your space." He shrugged. "You changed suddenly." I nervous laughed. He didn't say anything. "Why do you act like that?" I blurted. He cringed. "Uh..sorry, didn't mean for-" "No it's fine." He interrupted. I turned forward and waited. "I act the way I do because, when your nice people walk all over you. When your more of a bully, people get scared by you. I want to look cool and try to make girls impressed. It comes out weird. When I first saw you, I thought you'd be different. I thought that you would except it. But when you walked away I knew that what I was doing was wrong. Mike had tried to talk me out if it but I didn't listen. I kept doing what I wanted and even got suspended. You stood up for yourself, it's not something people do everyday. Kylie you shouldn't be the one apologizing, it should be me. I put you in a uncomfortable state and I made a fool out of myself. I'm sorry." He sighed and turned around. "Evan, you shouldn't have to act different to show who you are. Unless parties until three am and make out sessions are your thing." He laughed. "Kylie, I know where Mike is." Evan said. My heart skipped but I stopped myself from overexcited. You don't need a boy in your life to make yourself feel better Ky. I told myself.

"Well where is he?" I asked as calm as I could. "He told me that he wasn't able to make it tonight because his sister, Amanda had a concert." He explained. I crossed my arms in disbelief. "If this 'conflict' came up, why didn't he just tell me?"
"He tried to but when he tried to call you didn't answer."
"Really?" I relied in a sarcastic tone.
"Look at your phone if you don't believe me." Evan put up his hands in a don't-look-at-me way.

I pulled out my phone and turned on the screen. It turned bright with notifications:

Snapchat from Andiee
Mason.C liked your photo
Mike ❤️: 3 missed calls.

I looked back at Evan who gave me a small smile. I smiled back in relief and felt a breeze in my back. "So, are we cool?" I asked. Evan laughed, "Sure, but we're not best friends right?"
"No, but we could try to be friendly with each other." I replied.
"Isn't that what we were just doing." Evan asked

I laughed and so did he. Some random guy ran up to Evan. "You ready to come in dude?" He asked. "Nah Jesse. I'll stay out here for a bit." Evan replied. Jesse looked at me and nodded. He scurried back inside and we could hear Thinking Out Loud playing faintly. "You going back in?" Evan asked. I stood up, "Mmhm. So we'll talk later?" I asked
He nodded and jerked his head towards Andie and Rosetta who looked shocked. "Go have fun, I'll head back in a few." Evan said. I smiled and ran towards my friends.

Andie and Rosetta had quizzical looks drawn in their faces. "Wha? Did you just?" Rosetta managed. "No we're fine. Come one lets party! We'll talk later ok?" Andie and Rosetta nodded and we all headed back inside to the blazing loud gymnasium.

------------

Oh my god guys.

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!

School and just a bunch of stuff but I'm back for a bit.

I just wanted to let you know that my updates are bit distant just because of school and other things.

But once summer roles around I'll get back into working.

So no I haven't abandoned wattpad but I'm not fully back on.

So I'll update my book like every other week for now until my busy schedule decreases.

Cool? Cool!

See you Snickerdoodles!

-Maddie 👍