Chapter 17: fun projects

-Kelsey-

The world seemed to be spinning after what had happened with Colby texts. Ashley has not talked to me. I go up to her room and knock on the door. "Hey Ash? Can I come in?" "Sure Kelsey." She replied. I open the door. She was in a Olympics gray shirt and lime green shorts with a thick white stripe on the side. She spins her soccer ball on her leg. "Hey can we talk?"

"About Colby? No."

"No. Are you mad at me?"

"Well, the fact that you ditched me and I had to experience Jason. Also the fact that you had only talked about Colby in the car. Plus Chloe and you didn't talk to me for the whole day. What do you think?" She explains angrily. "Look, I am sorry." "No you aren't. You used me." Oh that is it. "Ashley, how could you! I tried to talk to you. I talked to Laney for you and all of this? What did I ever do to you!" "Oh I will tell you Kelsey." She stands up. "You talked to me about changing my personality. You told me that I need to be more popular. You were the one who said that I was fat at 'Double dip'. You need to think about it. I have been hiding my jealousy towards you and you think that I am just going to be perfect. Well sorry Mrs. Perfect that I am NOT!" She slams the door in my face.

What have I done?!

I walk down the hall way. I look back at Ashley's room. I run back and say. "You think that I would say that to you? You were fat? You aren't! You were a nerd? You aren't! You are the best and I am sorry. Talk to me when you are ready." I released off the cold door and go down the hall way.

The door bell rings. I dust myself off. I run downstairs and open the door. Colby shows up. "Hey." I say. "You okay?" He slips inside. "I just got into a fight with Ashley is all." I shrug off the thought.

She just needs some alone time.

We sit down. I clear my throat. "So um, where should we put the picture of-" " Kels...can I talk to you...alone?" Ashley calls. "Um sure..." I look at Colby. He nods. I hurry down the hallway.

"Listen, I am sorry for the way I acted. I treated you like shit today and-" "Hey! I forgive you! I over reacted and I want us to have a nice stay together okay?" Ashley says. "Okay." We laugh and hug each other. "Now, go out there and have fun." Ashley says. I hug her one last time and run back out there.

"What is missing?" I ask after we are almost done with our project. "Wasn't Miranda supposed to come over here?" "OMG! You're right!" I almost call Miranda I put my phone down. "She went out to see the Empire State Building." I mummer. "She isn't coming?" Colby asked. "Did you want her to?" I say. He sighs. He takes my hand and tells me to sit down. "Come on. Do you want to get some ice cream." He leans into me. "What are you doing?" I ask. "I always wanted to tell you. I have had a big crush on you Kelsey Thompson." "I have a crush on you too." I admit. He takes my hand and leans in so close to me. I close my eyes and hope that he kisses me.

Please kiss me, please kiss me.

He does. My heart beats so hard it reaches my throat. He kisses me. He takes my hand and just closes his eyes. I want to smile. He kisses me so long. I don't want the moment to end.

I think he doesn't want it to end too.

I put my arm on his shoulder. He puts his hand around my waist. I close my eyes. I am in dream land. This has to be a dream. I open my eyes. He doesn't stop kissing me.

I then feel his cold hand on my neck. This is such a dream. "What the hell is going on!" Caleb shouts. I release. "I will see you later." I say. "Bye Kels." Colby smiles sweetly. He kisses me on the cheek and goes out the door. I sit on the couch and grab a magazine. "Don't try to lie to me Kels. I saw what happened." "I don't know what you are talking about." "You know what I am talking about." Caleb says. "Colby was kissing you. You let him do that!" "Caleb! I am 14! I am not a child!" I shriek. I slam the magazine down. I walk up stairs.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Ashley asks. "Colby...kissed...me." I say. "OMG! KELS! That is so awesome! If it is awesome then why are you sad?" "Caleb saw me."

"What?!"

"I know."

"What are you going to do."

"I don't know. I am scared that Caleb will tell my parents."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"Um...sure." I reply. She sits down next to me. "Tell me what he says. Okay?" I say.

"I promise."

My hands are shaky.

I am scared for my life.

Really scared. What is he going to do! I don't want Caleb to tell anyone.

Help!