Chapter 12: Train ride

-Kylie-

"Honey are you sure that you want to go to your moms house? You haven't even meet Lisa!" Dad complains. I look at him. "Yes I am." I reassure. He sighs and looks out the window. I grab my Tiffany and co. mint green infinity tank top and dark blue jean shorts. I stuff them in to my floral backpack. "Hon-" "DAD, I am sureeee!!!" I shout. He steps back. "Take your time." He says sadly. He slips out of the door and shuts it behind him.

I grab my yellow brandy meville head band and zip up my bag. My laptop dings.

Michelle_Johnson123 sent you and Minniemouselover7943 a IM message.

Michelle_Johnson123: sup @Ky_Kygall 😝😝 and @Minniemouselover7943😛😛😛

Ky_Kygall: halo gurl! I won't be able to IM for a little cause I am going to moms house for two weeks!

Minniemouselover7943: Kylieeeeee, we will miss uuuuuuuuu!

Michelle_Johnson123: How's Trsitan! #lovebugs

Ky_Kygall: he is the same, do you think he might talk to me at the school "feast" b4 thanksgiving?

Michelle_Jonhson123: Toats gurllll!!!!!!

Minniemouselover7943: definetlyyyy! I gtg ILYYYYYY byeeee!

Ky_Kygall: same. Bye ILYYYYYY Sasha! Bye Michelle Ilyyyyyyy

Michelle_Johnson123: Same, off to water polo, bye Ky and Sash ILYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

I turned of my laptop and slammed my laptop into my Backpack. My stomach rumbles. I sigh. Pearl walks in circles around my leg. I smile and pick her up. I want to bring her to moms house. I sign once again. It has been sooooooooo rough. I am going to bring her for sure. No exceptions.

Dad drops me off at the Connecticut bus stop. He smiles and hugs me. "I will text you hon. You have my number... yes?" He asks. I nod reluctantly. He kisses me on the head and gets back into his red Ford. Jasmine sits in my bag. The wind blows in my face. I wrap my arms around my white cardigan and wait for a while.

Apparently, dad dropped me off FOUR hours early. I mean that's a long time. I look on Instagram for any followers. Then I see a name that looks familiar.

AshleyG.__93 wants to follow you. OMG it's Ashley from camp Luman!!!! I haven't talked to her or Kelsey in Forever! She told me that she was going to New York! Of course I am going to let her follow me! I press except. My laptop dings again.

Kels__T has sent an IM to @Ky_Kygall, @Breebee and @Ash_Soccer__

Kels__T: heyyyy girls! Miss yah allllll! 😊😊😊

Ash_Soccer__: miss you! TAGGED: @Breebee and @Ky_Kygall.

Breebee: miss u alllll!!!!!!

Ky_Kygall: @Breebee, how's Tommy.

There was a long silence after that. I assumed that something terrible happened. I wait and wait for her to reply. Then, I hear barking from a long way a way. I look in my bag and see Pearl missing.

Shit

I get up and see a boy run away with her. "Hey you!" I shout. I tackle the boy and take Pearl away. Pearl hides her 1 week face on to my chest. "What the hell is wrong with you!" I shout. The boy gets up. "I-I was dared m'am." Pointing to his friends laughing their face off. "And what was the dare?" I ask, calmly know. "My friend Evan said 'Mike, go up to that hot girl and take her dog.' I didn't want-" I put my hand up to say no more. "We'll tell you 'friends' that they are weirdos." I reply. "Is ther any thing I can do to repay you?" Mike asks. "Hmm... which bus are you taking?" "The one to Utah." He replies. "Same!" I say. "We will talk on the bus, okay?" I say. "Got it." He smiles.

I sit back in my chair. Pearl looks up at me. "I am so sorry honey!" I say. I squeeze her tightly. The bus arrives. I slip my laptop into my bag and put Jasmine in my bag and go on the train.

"M'am, may I see your ticket?" The ticket collectors asks. I jerk my head up. "Oh uh sure!" I reply. I take out my ticket and he hole punches it. "Enjoy your ride m'am." He says and walks to the next isle. I look at my computer and watch a little bit of Dance moms. "Is there any room? Um..." "Kylie." I say. I turn to see Mike smiling at me. "Hi mike! How are you?" I ask. "I am good." He smiles. He slides in to the seat next to me.

We talk and laugh until around six o'clock. We exchange numbers and we eat the Caramel chocolate. Suddenly the train comes to a stop. "Attention passengers, we are now here in Utah, please take the next train to SF which departs in 25 minutes. Thank you for riding with us." I grab my stuff. I scoop up Pearl and walk out.

*****

. I look on my laptop. Dad sent me an email.

Lisa and Luke say hi Ky. Miss you!

I miss you to.

I wait for the next train. I can't wait to see mom and tell her all about it. I walk inside and get a drink of water. Only thinking about all the things I am going to do with mom.

I can't wait!!!