Chapter 7: flying high

-Ashley-

This is my row. I think. I secretly requested to get my own row away from my mom. Now, I seriously need to move away from her.

After a good 45 minutes of looking for mom, we found her WITH THE POLICE! We approached her cautiously. "Hi mom." I whisper. Cringing at her facial expression. "ASHLEY AND ZOE GREEN! I HAVE LOOKED FOR EVERYWHERE. I CALLED THE COPS AND.." She stops to catch her breath. She turns to the police. "You may go." She says calmly. She turns to both of us. "You are getting a phone young lady." She says.

"Ash, are you going to sit down?" Zoe asks. "Oh, uh yeah." I reply. I sit in the middle seat. A man is already sitting down. He smiles at me. I smile back. I take a deep breath.

This is going to be a long flight

-4:35, 5 minutes before take off-

" 'sucse me, sorry! Excuse me!" A girl shouts. She looks the same age as me. Except chocolate, brown hair and ice blue eyes. She looks at my row. "Oh thank goodness!" She exclaims. "I thought I wasn't going to make it in time." She says calmly. She sits down and buckles her seat belt.

She looks at me. "Hi I am Sara." She says, extending her arm. "Hi I am Ashley." I say. I extend my arm. She gives me a firm shake of the hand. She turns back to the miniature screen to select a movie.

- 1 hour after take off.-

Mom approaches from the bathroom. She smiles at me and gives me a blow kiss. I catch it and smile. The last thing I need is to get into a really big argument in front of a lot of people.

Which happened in front of the police.

"Attention passengers," the pilot announces over the loud speaker. "Holy crap." I whisper. The loud speaker is super loud.

And it is right above me.

"The crew members Jessica and Bianca will hand out food and drinks." Finally I think. "I am so hungry." Sara groans. "I know same." I moan. She looks at me. "What are you going to get?" She asks. "Probably the Chinese chicken salad and water." I say. "Same except a sprite." When of the crew members come to us. "Hello, what would you like?" She says cheerfully. "I'll have the Chinese chicken salad and a sprite please." Sara politely says. "And for you?" She looks at me. "Same except a water please." She hands us our food. "Anything for you sir." She asks. "I'll have the Italian sandwich and a diet coke." He replies.

Where is the please?

"Here you go" she says. "Thanks." He smiles.

-12:39 p.m. 2 hours and 35 minutes before landing-

"Did you see that goal?" Sara whispers excitingly. "YES!" I say a little loudly. "She was amazing at forward." I whisper. "Do you want to exchange phone numbers?" Sara asks hopefully. "Of course!" I say a little loud. "Shhh, we are trying to sleep!" Says a man in the front of us. "Well clearly you are not sleeping." I mumble. "I know right?" Sara says. We giggle.

After we exchange phone numbers, Sara and I talk a little for a little more. I show her my favorite soccer player and she shows hers. The man next to me snores.

What the heck?! That is disgusting.

"I-I- I am getting tired." Sara says. "Yeah me too." I say. We both turn over and close our eyes

. All I see is that guys in my face.