Chapter 25: the tree house

Kelsey

After home room, Ashley and I walked to history together. Of course, Colby was there and so was Jason. I smile at Colby and tried not to show my anxiety when I went to the treehouse. What if he is just there to tell me that he doesn't like me? What if he ditches me and plays video games? What if he tells me that he likes Skylar? What if he does like me? He kissed me I don't know what to do. Do I look sick? Am I about it break out? Does my clothes look fine? All these thoughts swirl in my mind. My mouth starts to taste like metal and my stomach swirls around like I am on a roller coaster.

"I told you, the picture goes in the left!" Sarah complains loudly. I can't concentrate. My stomach keeps turning and turning into nots and I can't focus!

Ugh!

After history, school was out (which I was thankful for!) Ashley approached me with her jacket and a wide grin spread across her face. "Ash, what happened?" I ask. "Oh you know, the usual."

"Is Jason still stalking you?"

"Oh lord who the heck knows!"

"Come on! Mom's waiting!"

"Okay," Ashley smiles, "Bye Lainey! Bye Jackie! Bye Lana!" She calls. She turns to me and follows me into the car.

I breath in and out as we turn and past Colby's house. My stomach turns to knots over and over again. I can't breath. Why am I so nervous? He probably is just gonna wanna talk for a little. I try to talk a little but a that comes out are a few breathless croaks and coughs. Mom turns the car. My knots loosen and my throat doesn't hurt. I can talk but I can feel sweat under my Brandy Melville shirt. When we arrive at home. Ashley's mom is there. "Hi honey!" Tara calls to Ashley. "Mom!" Ashley shrieks and runs towards her and hugs her. "Honey, the broadway show is gonna need some work, you might need to go to high school here for a little of that okay?" Tara explains. "Oh, that's fine. I finally understand that I can always talk to my friends back in Montana, I can visit them in the summer and stuff but, your acting career is very important to you. I don't mind at all!" Ashley smiles. Tara kisses her in the forehead and they go inside.

I check my watch every five minutes. When it reaches 4:45 I get up. "Dad, Mom?" I call

"Yes Kelsey?" Dad replies.

"I need to go over to Colby's house to finish a project. You know, the science one?"

"Yeah, sure honey, just be home by 6:30 okay?" Dad smiles and kisses me.

"Alright thanks dad!" I hug him and leave.

4:59 my watch says as I wait in the treehouse. My heart beats go rapid and are banging in my ears. I check my clothes, my hair, my face. "Kels?" Colby calls. My stomach hurts from all the nervousness, I feel...sick. "H-here!" Is all I can manage. Damn it! I sound weak and vulnerable! Colby climbs up the ladder and sits down next to me. "Hey." He says. "Hey." I say quickly. My stomach hurts real bad. My head pounds and my heart races. "What's up?" I manage again. "Listen I wanted to talk to you."

"I know that."

"I really like you a lot and I wanna be with you forever."

"Really?" I sit there astonished by his words. My knots loosen, my head stops pounding. "Yeah." He leans in to kiss me. But, I resist. "Colby, look we can't keep doing this." I move back.

"Doing what?"

"Sneaking out in the hours of the night! My brother hates me dating, I already lied to my dad, I like you Colby, a lot but, I think we should take this one step at a time." I explain. I expect him to leave and never come back. "You're right, we should. I'm sorry, I never had been so in love with someone before." He smiles. I smile back. "Okay, so do you wanna go to the movies this weekend? With some friends to?" Colby asks. He scoots next to me and puts his arm around me. "Um yeah sure." I say. I check my watch, 6:05. "I have to get going okay?" I smile. "Yeah! Okay, see you tomorrow Kels." He smiles. "Good-" He kisses me. A nice one too. He let's go and helps me down. I hug him and leave.

When I come home, Caleb and Zoe are on the couch. Both playing video games. Caleb smiles at me and hugs me. "Where's mom?" I ask. "The parents went out." Ashley says. "Oh." I reply. Ashley takes me to her room. She sits next to me. "Tell me what really happened." She says. I tell her the whole story. "He wants to go to the movies with me and some friends, I know!" I snap my fingers. "What?" She asks. "You and Leo can go together!" "What! No no no, I thought he liked Alex!" "Alex and him are over each other." I say.

"Okay fine!" She says.

I hug her and we walk down the hall.

I can't wait!

------------------------------------------------------

Hola people! What is up?

I wanted to let you know somethings:

1) school is almost out, meaning more updates.

2) I have been working on Dramance a lot and have been updating because I wanted to make up the two weeks I didn't update.

I updated 3 chapters (or was it 2?) last week, meaning that I will be working on Switched up this week.

3) I am open to:

-New book ideas

-Ship Names for couples

-Suggestions to improve my stories

And anything else.

Switched up will be updated on Thursday cause I don't have acting at that time. Dramance will be updated the following Monday and I will continue telling you when I will be updating so people aren't like "when are you gonna update?" Or "update now!!!!" It puts a lot of pressure and I have school.

So thanks for listening and keep up for more updates!

Peace out snicker doodles!

-Maddie ❤️