Chapter 13: Six cold hours of school

-Kelsey-

"Kelsey, Kels... KELSEY!" Ashley shouts. I almost jump out of bed but, I don't. She calls again but I don't listen. Suddenly, a big splash of water go on my head. I lurch up and shriek! "Ashley..." I say angrily. She just laughs and clutches her chest for breath. "Morning Kels!" Ashley laughs. "Hi Ash..." I mumble.

"We have to get ready." Ashley says. "Alright, be there in 5 min. k?" I reply. She nods and slips out the door. I look at my clock. Holy shit! It's 6:44! That's early. I sigh and slide over to my drawer. I grab a long sleeve pink shirt that has a heart with an arrow in it. I think it looks cute. I grab my ripped jeans and my light blue converse. I grab my Abericrombie and Fitch dark blue jacket, grab my vintage brown leather backpack and walk out the door.

I walk down the hall way, putting on lip gloss and putting my hair in a high pony. I walk by Ashley's room, a.k.a the guest bedroom. She listens to Little Mix "wings". I laugh as she spins around the room. She wears grey jeans, a yellow Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirt and she has a gap jacket.

I slid down stairs to see every one except for Tara and mom. "Dad, where's mom and Tara?" I ask. "They went out on a walk. Have a seat, we are having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast. We also have cereal." He replies. Ashley comes down stairs ready. Her blonde hair back and she as a nice backpack as well.

Come on! I think. Trying to grab my fruity pebbles out of the bowl. Ashley doesn't touch her cereal. "Ashley, what's wrong?" I ask. "Huh? Oh...uh...nothing, just...nervous." Ashley manages. She grabs a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and stuffs it in her mouth.

My phone rings. Alex⭐️ has sent you a message. I smile and look at the messages.

Alex⭐️: hey gurl! Wats up!

Kelsey: sup girl! Not much... Skylar was annoying yesterday!

Alex⭐️: I kno! I think she might spy on u when u- well u kno.

Kelsey: I guess...see yah at skool! A.k.a six cold hours

Alex⭐️: LOL BYEEE!

Kelsey: bye! Ily!

Alex⭐️: bye ILYYYYYY!

I turn off my phone and slip it into my backpack. I run over to the sink and slam the bowl into it. The rainbow milk falls down. "Dad? Could you take us to school?" I ask. "Uh, sure hon." He replies.

Ashley and I jump into the Lexus as dad walks like a turtle. He turns on the car. I turn to Ashley and talk to her about school. "Why are you nervous?" "I dunno, it's just like, I just am...you know? Going to a new school and all..." Her voice trails away. She looks out the window. I sigh, this is going to be a long car ride.

************************

As we approach JMMS, I jump out the car. Ashley follows. She rubs her hand up and down her shoulder. "You okay?" I ask. "Yeah, just cold." I show her in to Jordan Mel. There isn't a lot of people there. We go into the directors office. "Um, Mr. Berry? My friend is new here and she needs a schedule?" "Yes, name please?" Mr. Berry asks. "Ashley Green." Ashley chimes in. He hands her her schedule and we walk out.

"Hey Kels- oh! Is this Ashley?" Miranda and Margo ask. "Yep!" I reply. "She's pretty! Does she do sports?" Alex chimes. "Yep!" I say. Alex steps forward to introduce herself. "Hi, I am Alex Zenderman." She says. "Ashley Green." Ashley says. Miranda squeals. "The Ashley Green! OKW! That's AWESOME!" Ashley looks at me. "OKW?" "Okay, Wow. Is what it means." "K" Ashely replies. "What do you have first Ash?" Margo asks. "English then Drama." Ashley replies. "Kels and I have science." Miranda says. "I have English!" Margo says. The bell rings. "See yah guys later!"

As we approach the science room, Mrs. Harris writes something on the board. "Now today class we are going to learn about family life." Everyone moans. "I will take attendance now, Laney Abram?" "Here" "Jenna Brown?" "Here" "Toby Bryan?" "Here" It continues all the way until me. "Take out your books and turn to page 213 and read with a partner." I was going to work with Miranda but then, Miranda asked Toby. I asked Laney instead.

Part of the reason why I asked Laney is that she might want to be friends with Ashley. "So, you know Ashley Green?" "No, but she seems cool. She does do soccer and hockey...right?" "Yep!" I think you guys have Spanish together! Maybe you guys could talk and hang out!" I exclaim. "Um, sure! That would sound great!" Awesome!

"Alright class, we are now going to watch a video about the reproductive system of the men." All the girls sprang into celebration. The boys called out to go to the bathroom. "EVERY ONE SHUT UP!" Mrs. Harris shouts. "Now, on to the video."

After a little while, a get a text. Thankfully my phone is on silent.

Colby❤️ sent you a message. I feel my heart pounding. I look around. Mrs. Harris' back is turned to me. I open my phone.

Colby❤️: sit next to me during math. We need to talk.

Kelsey: What?! Y?

Colby❤️: just cause, I want to tell you something that has been on my mind... I um, well...

Kelsey: Well... What?

Colby❤️: I think, I might like u- I gtg! Just talk to me later.

Kelsey: Bye! I will.

OMG! Does Colby like me?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I won't be updating for a while cause I have this BIG chapter coming

up for Bree! But, what do you guys think? Do you think Colby likes her?

Oh! And one more thing, I might start a new book soon so, just let me know so e book suggestions below!

Keep flying my little dreamers!

-hearts_desire223 a.k.a Maddie