Chapter 34: Poor me

-Kelsey-

I swear my locker is going to explode because of all these chocolates and get well soon cards. I mean, this was what? 3 weeks ago or something like that!

Skylar hasn't been at school, I am guessing that that is a good thing. Everyone is still treating me like I am a lost kid who lost there mom in Times Square. EVEN Mr. Gardener is treating me like that! Alex and I walked to class. Our tables were switched to 2 next to each other. "Hello class! Mr. Pocksworth isn't here today but I will be your substitute! My name is Ms. Benson and let's start with attendance." She grabbed the computer and went to our class. "Nola Aaron?" "Present!" "Beatrice Alax?" "Present. You can call me Bea." Colby was sitting next to Bea. We have talked a bit.

"Kelsey Thompson?" "Present!" Ms. Benson checks my name off the list. "And Ulysses Woodrek." "Present." Ulysses mumbled under his breath. "Ok, class today we are going to be reviewing for your quarter exam. Now I am going to split you all into pairs." Margo looked at me. "These pairs will be boy girl boy girl." Ms. Benson continues. Everyone in the class groans. "However," Ms. Benson announces everyone looks up, "There happens to be an odd number in the class so, 2 pairs will be boy boy and girl girl." The class starts talking and pointing to partners.

"Alright let's start, look at the board and see who your partner is and then come get the packet if the mixed review. If you don't finished the packet in class, it will be your homework. Begin!" Ms. Benson explains. I glance at the board to see who my partner is:

Julian ,Beatrice

Andrew, Nola

Travis, Colleen

Max, Alex

Mia, Johanna

Brendan, Colby

Lainey, Ulysses

Ellis Margo

Jason Kelsey

Leo Jessica

I glance over at Jason. Yes, the Jason who likes Ash. I slowly get up and shuffle over to the seat next to him. "So, you want me to get the packets?" I ask. Jason gives me a small smile and nods. I walk up to Ms. Benson. "Here you are." She says. She hands me 2 packets. "Thanks." I smile. I walk past Colby's table. I feel something slip in to my pocket. Another note? I think as I sit down.

"Ok, so number 23 is -63 squared-" I begin to explain. "Kelsey, I have a question." Jason leans in. "Ok.." I reply hesitantly. "Do you think that Ashley likes me?" Jason asks. I look at him confused. "As a person I mean." He continues. "I think she does..look Jason I know that you like Ashley but right know isn't time to play cupids arrows, I cannot let my grades go down in any of my classes of Ik want to get into Bronx High School." I explain. Jason sighs and leans back a bit. "Your right, your right." He smiles. "Ok, so next problem is -63 squared divided by...."

The bell rings and everyone is immediately out of there seats. "Thank you Ms. Benson." Alex and I say. "Your welcome girls see you all on Monday!" Ms. Benson calls. As we leave class, Margo, Alex and I run to catch up with Leo and Colby. "Hey Kels!" Colby exclaims. "Sup Kelsey!" Leo shouts. "Hey Col, sup Leo!" I exclaim. Leo and Alex hug each other. Margo says hi to everyone. "Look guys I would love to stay and chat but I have to go to Latin. See you at C period!" Margo calls. "Bye!" Alex and I call back. We turn back to Leo and Colby. "Alex and I have Speech see you lovebirds later!" Leo teases as he and Alex dash down the hall.

"So, do you like Ms. Benson?" Colby asks as we walk down the hill towards art.

"Yeah I like her a lot, she explains everything very well."

"I think she may be the new advanced math teacher for 8th."

"Cool!" I smile.

"How's you nose?" Colby asks me as we turn to walk onto the bridge. "It's better, still feels odd though." I say. As we walk into Art,on,y a few people are there. Ashley sits by herself. "Hey Colby, I am going to sit with Ashley ok?" I say. He nods and skids in the seat next to Travis. "Hey Kels!" Ashley smiles at me. "Hey! Am I late?"

"Nope!"

"Oh! I almost forgot! Alex wanted to know if you and Lainey want to go see Guardians of the Galaxy with us!"

"Um, HELL YES!" Ashley exclaims. Mrs. Jackal comes to the front. "Good morning class!" She booms. "Morning Mrs. Jackal." Everyone says. "If you look at the table in front of you, you can see that I have written a famous artist and placed some painting that him/her has created. You will be studying these artists and one by one will be presenting them to the class." I look down to see who I got. Salvador Dalí (Spain). I have some paintings of him in the house. "But, before we do that, we are going to finish our charcoal still life ok?" Mrs. Jackal finishes and we are off.

As I slowly finish putting my finishing touches to my painting I hear some breathing over me. I think that it is Mrs. Jackal but them I hear a voice. "Hey Kelsey. Long time no see." I turn around to see who it is.

Skylar Del'Rae

"I'm back." She smiles as she turns around to go to her seat. "And I am never leaving again." She laughs and glares at me.

Shit.

----------------------------------------------------

Ahhhh! Cliff Hanger!

So as you may or may not have read my authors note on Royals and Loyalty, I am updating now and I will update next week. I am thinking of having a schedule of Posting on Saturdays. Does that sound good to you guys?

And yes. I am STILL postponing the Royals and Loyalty so I can work on Switched Up and Dramance. Does that sound good to you guys?

OK well that's the dealeo so far! Love you guys!

Bye!

-Maddie💕