Chapter 32: secrets are exposed

Ashley

The next morning, I had the worst headache of the whole world! I checked my alarm, 6:30. "Uh! Ten more seconds. Flying potatoes!" I cover my face with my white pillow. "Um, what are you doing?" Zoe asks loudly. I bolt up, I turn to Zoe who is in her workout clothes. "Not much." I yawn and lean back. My back cracks multiple times. "Why are you up this early?" I question her. "Um, I uh.." Zoe stammers. "You what?" I ask mutter some cursed words as I crack my back in the other direction.

"I am going to school to ask Mr. Landers some questions." Zoe says quickly. I roll out of bed and start heading over to my drawer. "Is Caleb going with you?" I say as I slip on my tank top and white shorts. "Yes definitely." Zoe squints her eyes and doesn't look at me.

I wasn't really aware of Zoe and Caleb's relationship. They seemed more like bro and sis. Than Bf and Gf.

I didn't like the feeling of my best friends brother and my sister dating. It's...I don't know...weird, I guess.

I wasn't going to let that ruin my day. I walked down stairs and saw Kelsey on her phone. I peered over to see who she was texting.

Alex🌟: Hey so how r u holding up?

Kelsey: Eh, I am okay. People r treating me like I am a snow globe tho.

Alex🌟: Meaning...

Kelsey: like they were scared if they asked me the wrong question about ANYTHING that happened yesterday, I would crack open and fall apart.

Alex🌟: Jesus I am sry girl! I am here for u. Hey, do u, Ash and Lainey wanna go see Guardians of the Galaxy?

Kelsey: Sure! Maybe @ school, Ash can ask Lainey if she wants to join. When?

Alex🌟: Idk..What's today?

Kelsey: Wednesday

Alex🌟: K, how 'bout...Saturday?

Kelsey: K I think I am free. I gtg 2 breakfast. See u on the bus!

Alex🌟: K! Same see u!

She slipped her phone into her pocket and turned to me. "Hey! So how did you sleep?" I look directly at her. "Hm? Oh, oh fine. You?"

"Ok I guess, my nose was feeling odd."

"Yeah, after the incident with Skylar, Meya, Lana, Lainey, Carly and I would sit with you."

"Thanks, maybe if there is enough room on the table." She says taking a bite out of her bagel. "Sweetie," Mrs, Thompson said. We both look up. "Your father, Tara and I will be out for the day. Make sure that your brother doesn't eat the cake." "Okay." Kelsey replied quickly as she got up to hug her mom. "You've got 15 minutes until the bus arrives." Mrs. Thompson explains as she, Mr. Thompson and Mom make there way out the door. "Bye sweetie." Mom says to me. "Bye mom." I smile and as the door closes we get up and bolt out the back door.

~at the bus stop~

"So, what do you think about Mr. Watts class?" Kelsey asked me as she finished eating her bagel. I adjust my jean jacket and look forward, "Eh, it's fine. Not as fun as Mrs. Harris tho-" "HEY ASHLEY!" Calls Gina Ray. The bird.

Oh, and in case your wondering what the hell "the bird" means. You know the expression "so a little birdie told me that..." Well she says that to EVERYONE, she goes around and talks to people to get juicy gossip out to complete this weird blog.

I look at her and give her a smile. I glance at Kelsey, she shrugs her shoulders and takes out her phone. What the heck does Gina want? "So, a little birdie told me that you and Jason Bradley are dating now?" Gina leans in close and the smell of vanilla cupcakes fills my nostrils. "Um *ack* no. We're not dating. Who told you that?"

"Maggie and Tony."

"Oh, your friends."

"Well, I gotta go. Talk to ya later!" Gina skips to where her friends are. "Ashley," Kelsey taps me on the shoulder. I turn to her in shock. "Um, the bus is here, so let's go." "Yeah um yeah, I need to tell you something in drama."I whisper. She nods quickly before getting on the bus behind a smaller boy. "Ey! You comin' on the bus?" The bus driver says. "Yes." I reply.

I sit next to Meya and we drive off.