Chapter 23 - Secrets

Nash's POV

"Nash, I think I know who broke Shawn's guitar" Hayes blurted out.

I stared at Hayes with wide eyes, eager to find out who did it.

"Who?" I asked quickly.

Hayes gulped, looking at the ground, then muttered "Matt".

My jaw dropped in awe. Matt? Did Matt really do it? Why would he? Shawn and him are close friends.

"Why?" I asked Hayes, hoping he had more information.

"Well, think about it. Matt breaks Shawn's guitar, blames it on Sofie, then Sofie and Shawn break up. It's what he wants, right?" Hayes explained.

I still couldn't believe this. Matt is so nice.

But it makes sense. Matt isn't exactly the happiest person about Sofie and Shawn being together. I don't want to believe it, but maybe it's true.

"How do you even know?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"I woke up in the middle of the night because I heard something, and I saw Matt leaving the hotel room" Hayes told me.

"Are you being serious? Don't bullshit me Hayes" I said, trying to stay quiet so everyone else wouldn't be able to hear us.

"I'm serious! I saw him!" Hayes protested, his hands in the air as if he was surrendering.

I trusted Hayes, so I had no reason not to believe him. He had evidence and it all made sense. I thought Matt would never do anything that bad, but maybe I was wrong. Sofie is his sister, and he just wants the best for her.

I ran my fingers through my hair frantically, trying to figure stuff out.

"So, what should we do? Do we confront Matt about it?" I asked Hayes warily.

"No, we don't want to ruin our friendship with him" Hayes shook his head.

"Well we can't just ignore what we know!" I replied, realising how loud my voice was, quickly quieting myself.

"We have to do something about this" I said in a hushed tone.

Hayes nodded on agreement. "Should we tell Shawn? And ask him not to rat us out?".

"How do we know Shawn won't rat us out? We're gonna have to be smart about this, Hayes"

Hayes sighed, a little fed up. He looked awkwardly around the room, then blurted out "What if we kind of drop hints? Subtly tell Shawn that Matt did it?".

I thought about it for a while. How do we "subtly" tell Shawn? That could either be easy or impossible.

And what if Matt finds out? I don't want to fall out with Matt, but if Shawn finds out that Hayes and I knew about Matt doing it, I'll fall out with him. Hayes is kind of a blabbermouth.

"Well?" Hayes interrupted my thoughts.

"I don't know, Hayes. Let me think about it" I replied, biting my lip.

"Now, can you go, I want to have a shower" I said, practically shoving Hayes out the door and slamming it shut.

After he left, I stripped down and got under the warm jets of the shower.

Hayes has reasonable evidence, so why was I finding it so hard to believe? I never ever thought that Matt would do that. His name never came to mind when Shawn told us someone had broken his guitar.

It would feel wrong to rat out Matt like that. Maybe Hayes is right, maybe we should drop Shawn hints.

I don't even know how or if it would work, but maybe it's a possibility.

I was on the fence about the whole thing, so I decided to just get out of the shower and get changed.

I wrapped a white towel around my waist, entering the hotel room.

Sofie was still trying to comfort Shawn while Matt and Hayes were both on their phones, Hayes occasionally glancing at Matt.

It was completely silent other than the tapping of phones. The atmosphere was tense for some reason. I felt strange just standing there.

I wanted to break the silence, so I said "Um, guys, has anyone seen my jeans?".

"There here" Hayes said, handing them to me after I had picked up all my other clothes.

"Thanks bro" I said, grabbing them from him and reentering the bathroom to get changed.

Why was it so tense? Or was my mind just jumping to conclusions. Perhaps it was just really quiet. Either way, I felt something wasn't right.

I got changed quickly and returned to the room, then announcing "Hey guys, I'm going upstairs to the Jack's room, anyone coming?".

Nobody even responded, so I took that as a no and left, my phone in my hand.

I strolled down to the elevator, pushing to button and waiting. Hopefully the Jack's and them will take my mind off the situation. I hate keeping secrets.

The elevator soon came and took my up to the boys' room where I knocked on the door.

"Hey" Gilinsky said, opening the door with a big grin on his face.

"Hey bro, can I come in?" I asked.

"For sure, man" Gilinsky said, stepping aside so I could enter the hotel room, or as Johnson liked to call it, "The Man Cave".

"Hi Nash" Johnson, Carter and Taylor all said in unison, all sitting on the cream carpet with Doritos beside them and their phones in their hands.

I greeted them back and sat down with Gilinsky, robbing a Dorito from the bag.

"What brings you up here?" Carter asked, typing away on his phone.

"You'll find out soon enough. Long story" I sighed, shaking my head.

Carter just shrugged while Johnson said "We were thinking of going bowling later. Coming?".

"Sure, why not" I replied, smiling. I was utterly crap at bowling, but I was determined to get good.

"You sure? I kicked your ass last time, might not want it to happen again" Taylor laughed, smirking.

"Oh, don't worry. Imma whoop your ass" I said confidently, folding my arms across my chest.

A couple of minutes later, our conversation was interrupted by an incoming text on my phone.

It was from Cassidy so I immediately opened it.

"Hey Nash, wondering if you guys wanted to hang out tonight with Kalea and I?" she texted me.

"Yeah sure. Sorry about not being able to hang out yesterday, it was pretty dramatic. Anyway, the guys and I were gonna go bowling if you girls wanna come with us?" I replied with.

She agreed to come, which I was glad about. I loved hanging out with her and Kalea.

"Guys, it's cool if Cassidy and Kalea come too, right?" I asked, a little too late for a negative answer.

"Yeah, of course" Gilinsky said, winking at me seductively.

"I don't like her!" I protested, reading Gilinsky's mind. I knew he was gonna mock me about her.

"Bullshit" he laughed, a cheeky smirk on his face.

"Your an idiot" I said, not really helping my argument, but I needed to reply with something.

"And you know it" he chuckled cockily.

I was excited for tonight. I couldn't wait to just get all the Matt and Shawn drama out of my head. It was hard to keep secrets, and I hated keeping this one.

*****

You guys asked for it, so here's an update😘😉 Did you guys see it coming?

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment 😊

Also, my internet friend Nashythebae has just started writing a magcon fanfic called Sticks and Stones - Magcon Fanfiction so if you guys want to read it, please do it's great