Chapter 14 - Don't Cry Anymore

Nash's POV

Sofie and I stayed sitting on that bench for a while in the cold. She obviously didn't want to go back, and to be honest, I didn't want to either.

'Sofie! Nash!' I heard a voice call out.

I squinted my eyes, staring at the direction the voice came from.

Johnson was running up to us, panting.

I felt Sofie tense up. For some reason, she looked so scared. I guess she felt she could trust no one. I would feel the same way.

'Guys, I found you! Everyone's worried about you' Johnson said.

Johnson looked worriedly at Sofie. She had her head buried in my chest so he couldn't even see her face.

'Is she alright?' Johnson mouthed to me.

I shook my head, looking down at her sadly.

She suddenly looked up, her eyes still puffy and bloodshot.

Johnson ran to her and knelt down in front of her.

'You okay?' he asked her with a warming smile on his face.

'Not really' she replied honestly.

'Oh Sofie' Johnson said sadly, pulling her away from me and hugging her instead.

She hugged him back, a sad look on her face.

'C'mon, Matt's really worried, we have to go back' Johnson whispered.

'No, I can't' Sofie cried, frantically shaking her head.

'Sofie, you have to. Matt needs you' Jack said softly.

'He hates me now. Everyone does' Sofie sobbed, wiping away tears.

'No, they don't. They all love and care about you, so that's why I need you to come back' Jack assured her.

Reluctantly, Sofie stood up. I put my arm around her and Jack and I guided her back to the hotel.

Once we got back to the hotel, we took the elevator in silence.

Once the elevator reached our floor, we slowly walked down to the room.

Even before you entered the room, you could hear shouting and yelling.

Sofie then stopped in her tracks, standing still and motionless.

'C'mon Sofie, we have to go in' I said, gently grabbing her wrist and leading her to the door.

Johnson knocked loudly on the door and the shouting stopped.

The door was opened by Gilinsky, who let us in.

All three of us stepped inside and it was so quiet, I swear you could've heard a pin drop.

The atmosphere was tense and angry, dirty looks being thrown around the room.

Just then, Matt ran to Sofie.

Sofie quickly hid behind me, staring up into my eyes.

I looked at Matt who had a sad look in his eyes.

'I'm sorry Sofie' he croaked, staring at her with apologetic eyes.

Sofie obviously didn't need to hear anymore, so she ran to her brother, embracing him in a hug.

Both of them pulled away, and Sofie looked to Shawn, who was twiddling his thumbs awkwardly.

She raced up to him and gave him a hug.

He hugged her back, picking her up. Her legs wrapped around his waist and his arms around hers.

'Slut' Hayes muttered, and hell, was that a mistake.

'Shut the fuck up Hayes!' I screamed.

Shawn put Sofie back down, and it was obvious she was about to cry again.

Shawn stormed up to Hayes, standing tall before him and said 'If you ever say that again, I swear to God'.

'You swear you'll do what?' Hayes asked with a smirk.

Suddenly, a punch was thrown by Shawn, hitting Hayes straight in the nose.

'Guys, stop!' Carter yelled, rushing over to them.

Hayes' nose was bleeding and it was already bruising.

Hayes looked at Shawn with complete rage and hatred, if only looks could kill.

'Chill!' Gilinsky yelled, pulling Shawn away from Hayes, who had blood dripping out of his nose and all over his hand.

'Don't tell me to chill!' Hayes spat back.

'You're just jealous of Shawn' Carter scoffed.

'Am not!' Hayes protested.

I looked to Shawn who looked like he was going to burst out into a huge rage.

'Listen Hayes, Sofie is mine and she will never like you. Why? Because you're an asshole' Shawn hissed, only a small gap between Hayes' face and Shawn's.

'Get out of my way' Hayes grunted, shoving Shawn aside and coming over to Sofie.

'If you come near my sister, I'll kill you' Matt roared at Hayes, standing protectively in front of her.

'Oh don't worry, I don't want anything to do with her' Hayed muttered.

'Lies' Johnson scoffed, his arms folded across his chest, gaining a nasty glare from Hayes.

Hayes stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut.

'Someone get him' Carter sighed.

Aaron and Cameron left the room to go get Hayes. The rest of us were left here, mad and on-edge.

'Don't listen to anything he says, Sofie' Shawn softly said, rushing over to her.

Sofie didn't say anything back, she just hugged Shawn silently and tightly, tears pricking in her eyes.

'I'm sorry about Hayes' I whispered to Sofie, a genuine apologetic and guilty expression across my face.

He shrugged, answering with 'Why are you apologising? It's not like you said anything hurtful'.

I didn't even know how to reply to that. I just left her and Shawn alone and strolled over to Taylor, flipping down on the couch next to him.

'What a day' Taylor murmured, leaning back into the couch.

'Your telling me' I replied in the same tone, sighing and looking around.

Some shit really went on today. And I'm guessing tomorrow isn't gonna be so great either.

Twenty minutes later, Hayes, Aaron and Cameron entered the room in silence, Hayes' nose cleaned up and he looked more calm.

'I'm sorry Sofie. Sorry Shawn. Sorry everyone' Hayes muttered, staring down at the ground.

Sofie shrugged, not fully accepting the apology.

Hayes sighed and stared at Aaron and Cameron.

'Well, I tried!' he shouted.

Hayes stormed off, exiting the room and walking on to the balcony, into the cool, nighttime air.

'He's just on his period' Cameron sighed.

'So true' I snorted.

'I'm sick of this shit. I'm going back up to our hotel room' Cam said to me.

'Me too. Hayes, Taylor, coming?' I yelled.

Hayes and Taylor followed us out of the room and to the elevator.

'Don't even think of giving me a lecture' Hayes said in disgust, right before I even opened my mouth.

I sighed and we got out of the elevator, walking down the corridor to our room.

'Tomorrow's our last day in Nashville guys, make it count' Taylor mumbled as we opened our hotel room door.