Chapter 31 - Jealousy or Generousity?

Sofie's POV

That night we all did what we usually did, hung around in the hotel room. Except this time we had cake. Lots of it.

I sat on the sofa in our room playing with the chain Nash so generously gave me. It glimmered in the light, shimmering it's glow on the walls and ceiling.

Their event was on tomorrow, in this huge hotel close enough to ours. The place was going to be packed with hyperactive teenagers, all dying to get a picture with the boys.

Now that I had hung out with them, I could never see them as celebrities. Before I went on the tour, I was so excited to be meeting The Magcon Boys. Now I see them as, well, just boys.

Alexis obviously has a different view than me. Everyone one of them breathes, she practically falls to their feet. Don't even get me started about when Cameron even walks into the room, she audibly moans.

Chase is getting along with them just fine. They talked about guy stuff and he even had a two hour conversation with Taylor about cars.

During the evening, Shawn came up to me and took me aside for a minute.

"Hey, so Sof, I've got to take a call from this music producer guy. He's listened to some of my stuff and wants to talk a bit" he said rushed but happily.

"Shawn!" I said, a little too loud. "That's amazing!"

Before I could say anything more, Shawn interrupted me.

"I don't even know if anythings going to  happen yet, so don't get too excited. I bet it's not even going to go any further. It's just a phone call about small things" he said, shrugging.

I knew he was trying to be casual about it but I knew on the inside he was ecstatic.

"So I gotta go take the call, but I'll be back soon"

He rushed off out the door before I could even kiss him, but I knew this was important. It was more than likely the most important call he would ever have.

Just as I was about to sit back down, Alexis took my hand, telling me that she "needed to show me something". I knew what was coming. She was going to ask me about Hayes. She's so easy to read.

Sure enough, she, in a whisper, asked me "Care to tell me about you and Hayes? You told me you two weren't the best of friends". She emphasised "the best of friends", making sure I knew exactly what she meant.

"I mean, I guess...we're kind of friends now" I told her, scared of what her reaction was going to be.

"Carry on" she said, pushing me for more information.

I sighed, knowing it was going to have to be the full story, no "long story short".

"Hayes called up to my room in Dallas and basically explained himself, saying everything he did was just because he liked me"

"Just because he liked you?" Alexis replied with an eyebrow raised. "Seems like a shitty excuse"

"Wow, I'm sorry that people aren't supposed to like me" I joked, putting both my hands up.

She lightly shoved me and said "You know that's not what I meant".

"Anyway, he gave me this birthday card and apologised, pretty sincerely, and I guess that was it" I said, trying to keep the story as short as possible.

Alexis paused for a minute, just looking at me. She finally said "Well I guess there's no way if knowing it was genuine or not. If he hasn't done anything since I say to leave it be, let the past be in the past".